Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
132 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 132

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 »
Re: FTPMount feedback
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@abalaban

I know, but none of the AmigaOS commands allow you to set/read them AFAIK

Chris

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@abalaban

I used to use it alot under 3.0/3.9, the biggest prob I had was it locking the workbench waiting for FTP feed that might not come through, and have no way of canceling it. I would be a bit more specific, but my Amiga is currently disassembled for repairs. :D

Resized Image
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kvasir

I did some bug fixes during the OS4 port, anyway I surely have added some new one

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@abalaban

just wanted to say that I love FTPMount and really appreciate your work.

/shoe

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@shoe

Oh and I forgot to say FTPMount should still compile for OS3, I don't have a running OS3 machine so can't test and I don't want to provide something I can't test and debug. However sources are available and any interested OS3 dev is welcome to build and distribute an OS3 version... I'm available for contact.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@abalaban

http://crashlog.os4depot.net/cl57

Some other points:

Please make it ask for username + password when it fails to connect. And also let the user select how long it shall remember the entered username and password (forget after disconnect, forever or until reboot). If there's more than one username+password combo stored for a host, then use a dropdown box to let the user select login.

Also remove the annoying "Login successful" requester. It doesn't provide the user with any useful information. It's like opening a requester every time you write "list" in the shell telling you that the device is available. If it connects it connects, if it doesn't you get a connection failed requester.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@abalaban

bump :)

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@orgin

I have found (and fixed) the bug that was randomly crashing at startup
... But I encourtered at least one other that is showing in some strange circumstances...
I don't know if it should prevent the release or not though as it seems to happen rarely...

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@abalaban

I don't know at all this program but I have a classic amiga also.

If you explain me how using this program (with aminet FTP for example), I could betatest on the classic for you (the next week end for example)

hum, ... you search another developper for the aos3.x version....

A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+IIYAMA 17"+CD,CDRW,ZIP SCSI-KIT
SAM440EP on Mapower 3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disk Preservation Project
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Mrodfr

I don't develop for Classic anymore so for now there is no FTPMount v1.5 for OS3.x . Nonetheless source code is provided in the archive so anyone willing to do an OS3 version is welcomed I can even give some support if needed.
The targeted OS is OS 4.x and currently I develop (and test) under 4.1 on an A1XE.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@abalaban

No problem. It's the fact I have understand when reading a second time one of your previous answer

A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+IIYAMA 17"+CD,CDRW,ZIP SCSI-KIT
SAM440EP on Mapower 3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disk Preservation Project
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@abalaban

Great news. I hope to test it soon. Will it support sftp?

If you need betatester, I'm right here. PM me.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@abalaban

Contact the pftp author and see if he could help you add sftp support. (preferably by adding a new handler/device called sftp: so that you can write sftp://myhost.com in a filer window ;)

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@orgin & walkero

sftp is another protocol totally different to FTP this would mean much parts of current FTPMount to be rewritten, in fact only very small amount of code can be reused maybe only the multi tasking part that takes care of launching one task for each host, and then routes DOS packets to/from it, the other parts should go. :-/ I think you'll agree that making FTP protocol stable first has more priority ? Maybe then I could see what I can do for ftps (i.e. adding SSL to FTP protocol), then may be I'll look at sFTP...

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@abalaban

"sftp is another protocol totally different to FTP"

I know, didn't think that you had tied up the protocol so deep into it. Personally I would have layered it with an api that acts like the glue between the ftp protocol and the handler. That way you would 'just' have to adapt the glue between different protocols rather than the whole handler. Bit like xadmaster, there's tons of different protocols (packed formats) but there's a layer in between that just makes sure that the access api works regardless of the archive format.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@orgin

remember I'm not the original author I started up with "only" a "quick" port to AmigaOS4 and then here we are trying to bugfixe and enhance it

A small confidence : FTPMount's code is really horribly designed, anyway it works (hmm well to some extent that is). It would benefit from a complete rewrite/redesign but you know when I started that I had zero knowledge about writting DOS handlers and add to this that DOS packets accurate documentations are hard to find and you'll have a general overall of the troubles I entered into when I ported this soft to AOS4

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@abalaban

Quote:
I have found (and fixed) the bug that was randomly crashing at startup

Great news !

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@orgin

At last : my first report in the tracker for FTPMount
You are right it should not crash when trying to do that.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@pvanni

Quote:

nice to see you are improving FTPMount, I use it regulary
with my NAS server because smbfs doesn't work and maybe

With older samba servers it works. The problem is with (at least here) with samba 3.2 on linux. then the stuff gets broken. It's smbfs' fault. Smbclient implements a newer version of protocol and works fine, but it doesn't offers filesystem functionality.

Quote:

FTPMount it's faster.

I think native NFS client is a must (m68k version from amitcp works fine here, but slow).
Interesting if I can dig up source from somewhere...

Jack

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3) 4 »