Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
118 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 118

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

[SOLVED] SimpleMail Corruption...
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Dear All,

I'm been using SimpleMail for quite some time... But (and it's the second time) it got corrupted !
I managed to launch it, but as soon as I click "Fetch", I have a DSI error, and I can not kill it... After a ahile the A1 generally freeze as well !

Did anyone else ever got that problem ?

Jerry

Edited by AmiGame on 2007/12/12 9:00:49

Defender of my A1XE-G4 / AOS4 Final Update !
Looking for a new toy ? Then try a GP2X...
Go to top
Re: SimpleMail Corruption...
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@AmiGame

Sorry, thankfully mine is working correctly. You updated any MUI libs or such like lately?

Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@AmiGame

using latest simplemail too but no corruption so far, and I do regular backups

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@AmiGame
happened to me a couple of times. I don't think it is SimpleMail's fault. It is usually caused by a message that has been fetched and which contains maybe spyware or worse. I manually delete the offending message from the inbox folder before starting Simplemail after a fast reboot.

A1XEG4 PPC 7457 1.3GHz
A-Eon X5000
CDTV!!
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Swisso

Thanks. I will try that tonight or tomorrow. That might well be the problem indeed !

@Mikey_C
After the first corruption a couple of weeks ago, I had my AOS4: partition entering a validation state which then corrupted my MUI folder (impossible to open it then)... After restoring a "fairly" old MUI backed up folder (about 6 months old), I managed to restore my system to its normal self...

Jerry

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Swisso
I guess this is a case where full memory protection would be a good thing, because the problem isn't strictly speaking SimpleMail's fault. Although it should really do better input validation...

Perhaps something to add SimpleMail's bug tracker?

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@AmiGame
You might want to hook up a serial cable and see if you get anything out that way. When an application freezes input.device you have no way to interact with the reaper.

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@All,

Thanks all. After removing a few recent email from the incoming email folder (physical folder not through SimpleMail), no more problems !

The emails causing me trouble were Emails with a PPS attached from a trusted source (no virus detected when I opened it on the wimpblows machine with Avast AV loaded)...

Jerry

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@All

I just changed the Thread Title to "SOLVED"...

Now this corruption... Could it be caused by the attachment being too large (I think it was over 2MB) ?

Jerry

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@AmiGame

Well, I had this "corruption" from time to time in the past and I had the deep impression that it originated from the HTML view part of SimpleMail.

Size seemed to be no point, as I had this corruption even with very small mails (there was a very small mail breaking SimpleMail, something about 2K of size). For the last months, the corruption problem didn't occur for me anymore, don't know exactly what the reason is.

But I can tell you that PPS files are not the cause, because I received several PPS, even very big ones, and SimpleMail doesn't crash because of them.

Regards

Go to top

Register To Post