Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
164 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 164

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: OWB 3.20
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@DAX

Like ChrisH, I always keep a previous version as a fallback if things go wrong. OWB 3.19 worked just fine for me once I discovered how to change the default search engine to altavista. OWB 3.20 is working just fine for me. Now that I can use google again, I have removed all previous versions, including OWB 3.19.

Even though we have some Windows machines here at home, I use my MicroA1 for 99% of all my web browsing. I have gotten used to using google as my default search tool and that is why I made such a fuss about the crashes with OWB. OWB 3.20 has not crashed at all since I installed it and that makes me very happy.

---
redfox

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@redfox
I went and tryed hard to check the Google search problem and finally found it!
I noticed that if you go back and forward it eventually crashes, but if you type in a new search from the webpage you reached from google, it works fine (that is why I never encountered the problem before, I generally do that, or open links from google to new tabs so that to get back to the search I either click on the right tab or close the others).
Anyway I went on and installed 3.20

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@DAX
I've just rolled back to v3.18, as I got the "invisible cursor" problem in v3.20 (and v3.19 was rather crashy).

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH
Yes I get that too!
But it doesn't bother me that much (I just place the cursor where I want it with the mouse and start writing, its rather quirky but it works all the time ).

They will probably get rid of it in 3.21 (hopefully)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
OWB 3.20's disappearing cursor after opening a new tab confirmed here also!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@DAX
I'm sure it WILL be fixed in v3.21, just hope that does not introduce any more new bugs! Has happened before, so you tend to get the occasional really nice "bug free" release, separated by several less perfect releases. Before v3.18, I had (IIRC) stuck to v3.15, then v3.13.

BTW, the invisible cursor bug is a REAL main if you are trying to edit a post. I edit a lot

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH

Think ill wait for a new release. 3.19 works ok for me. Some dsi acationally but can live with that.

X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Why not just click outside owb to deactivate it and then click on owb to activate it and youll see the cursor again. Do that until next release.

You can also read the buglist on os4depot for owb and see whats fixed whats not etc. 3.20 works much better for me then the crashy 3.19

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Kicko
Thanks man! it works like a charm! Also noticed a couple of crashes with "3.19" when browsing Amazon.com for a while (after many searches, "look inside", etc.) not so with 3.20

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@DAX

So you're telling me i should upgrade to 3.20?

X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Antique

Im ordering you !

There is so much more pages working with latest release, specially sites where you upload files like sprend and others. Even uploading files on youtube works much better. It saves the right info about tune, tags etc. Before i had to do it twice as first time it saves it all wrong. And it says also when the file is uploaded. Previous just sait waiting..... forever so you had to check in your videos link to see if its done. But still one problem. When it says its finished with uploading youtube shows an error sign together with done. Probably as youtube needs to process the file before its ok. I dont know how the behave is on pc so i have to check there first before doing a bugreport.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)