Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
98 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 97

FlynnTheAvatar, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3)
Re: OWB3.14
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Hans

Incidently on your forums the POST and EDIT (to send off the edited post) dosn't work with the new version of OWB.

It brings up the sites to write (edit) a post, but it never reaches the new one, just stays on the post/edit site, one has to go one site back to see if it was posted (or reload the forums)

Do you use JS or some other fancy stuff on your forums?

Edit: Same behaviour is here on Amigans (at least for me)

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Raziel

Quote:

Raziel wrote:
@Hans

Incidently on your forums the POST and EDIT (to send off the edited post) dosn't work with the new version of OWB.

It brings up the sites to write (edit) a post, but it never reaches the new one, just stays on the post/edit site, one has to go one site back to see if it was posted (or reload the forums)

Do you use JS or some other fancy stuff on your forums?

No idea, but the CMS that I use (Silverstripe) has a directory called "jsparty" that's filled with Javascript.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Raziel
No, my problem looks like this:
Resized Image

It's the end of the site at www.devk.de.
When I scroll up, than the site displayes ok.

@COBRA
You can find the error here:
http://bugs.os4depot.net/?function=viewissue&issueid=200

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I can't get the forum submit button to work right either. The page doesn't refresh back to the forum and I can't tell if it submitted or not. However, I seem to be having similar problem with IBrowse too. With IBrowse, it works sometimes and other times it doesn't. I'm not sure if it's an OWB 3.14 issue or not.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@j?rg

I am extremely happy with OWB, allready some time now.
One thing i miss is the ability to load a local htm file.
As i need to use this all the time i just wrote a small gui (in gui4cli) to add some go around (open a file requester, then save the result to clips:0 as file:///htmlfile2load.htm)
This works OK except when i have letters such as "?, ?, ...." etc in the name.
Pasting the URL in the URL textin gadget, then hitting return changes the "?" in some code (%EF%BF%BD) and the file is not found.
I don't see how i can get around this.

Can you help me?

thanks

Joseph

Go to top
Anonymous
I wonder if the problem is the redirect. I've had a few annoying moments trying to get used to this forum when it has got into some kind of weird loop of taking me back to where I started out ... but ending up on the redirect page.

You'd need a working AmigaONE and OS4 to verify it, but neither of mine have worked for some years now

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@gurus2000

I see a problem similar to that occasionaly when trying to scroll along myspace page before it's finished loading. I find that tweak the OWB window size clears the problem.

Speaking of myspace. does anyone else always find them selves being redirecting to the myspace mobile login page when using OWB? (or AWeb for that matter).

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@broadblues

I have also problems that i often when go to myspace it wants me to login to myspace for mobilephones ;)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@xenic

Quote:
I can't get the forum submit button to work right either.
I just tested it with r1006 of OWB and it still doesn't work
I've fixed a few problems in the AmigaOS 4.x parts, for example the scrolling bug, but as long as javascript based forum posts like the amigans.net one don't work it probably doesn't make much sense to release an update and I'll wait until it's fixed in WebKit or OWB again.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Kicko

It's really annoying! Spoofing in AWeb makes no difference, can you spoof a different browser in OWB? At least in OWB you can usually see the link to go back to the main myspace site (although occasionally it doesn't appear)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Just testing another theory. .......

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@xenic

Quote:
I can't get the forum submit button to work right either. The page doesn't refresh back to the forum and I can't tell if it submitted or not. However, I seem to be having similar problem with IBrowse too. With IBrowse, it works sometimes and other times it doesn't. I'm not sure if it's an OWB 3.14 issue or not.

Confirming your statement about IBrowse. I just experienced the same issue with the submit button in my last post. I was using IBrowse, editted my post to add some "...." at the end and the submit button did not return me back to the forum page.

---
redfox

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@broadblues

Quote:
It's really annoying! Spoofing in AWeb makes no difference, can you spoof a different browser in OWB?
Yes, by setting the OWB_USER_AGENT environment variable (you have to quit and restart OWB after setting/changing it).
To test the user-agent the next AmigaOS 4.x version of OWB will use, which for example fixes the broken MicroSoft site, use
Quote:
SetEnv OWB_USER_AGENT "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Origyn Web Browser; AmigaOS 4.1; U; en) AppleWebKit/531.0+ (KHTML, like Gecko, Safari/531.0+)"
in a Shell before starting OWB.

Testing something for the forum post problems ... fixed

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Update ...

This evening I am seeing the "submit" button problem over at amigaworld as well, when I attempt to reply to a post in a forum thread. When I click on "Submit", my reply is actually submitted but I am not returned to the forum. I have to click "Cancel" to return to see my reply in the forum thread.

So the submit issue is more widespread than I thought.

---
redfox

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

Don't forget to fix bug 181 too

http://bugs.os4depot.net/?function=viewissue&issueid=181

Go to top

Register To Post