Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
95 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 92

kishigo, K-L, Firetail, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: OWB3.14
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:
That was interesting. When I hit the Submit button for my previous post, I did not return to the webpage. I had to click the cancel button to return to the webpage, but my post came through ok.

This problem happens on another web site too (webmail.mbnet.fi). I made a bug report on bugs.os4depot.net and the submit button worked fine there. (Funny making a bug report of something which works fine on the bug reporting site (I deleted my cookie file(s) before testing this.)

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I have som problems with the latest OWB too! I use tradera quite a lot (local version of ebay) and there is a button you can use to choose how to list objects (age, price etc).. The latest version of OWB doesnt work with this button, 3.13 did.. Sad cause 3.14 feels a bit faster..

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Would it be hard to add an option to turn off automatic shrinking of pictures that are too large to fit the screen? I know it's common on pc's but I find it annoying. I would rather scroll down than have to click to enlarge the picture (then scroll down).

Also if a download progress bar would be too hard to implement, would something that just says when the download is done be easier?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Working good here so far. None of my bookmarked sites are causing any problems so far.

eBay is working like a champ at the automotive sites I visit. I'll see now if I have the "submit" problem here at Amigans.

Noticeably faster than 3.13

Thanks for the tooltype for download location. Nice!

Paul

edit: entering returns to space paragraphs didn't do anything here. I had to return manually to my post after submitting this post here at amigans, too.

edit 2: OK, paragraph spacing back with an extra return. That was a textarea vs. dhtml difference.

Builder of Frankenthousand The monster A1000
The Young Frankenthousand A1-XE G4
X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
This version seems more stable than 3.13 not fallen over once all night.

OS 4.0 Final

A1200 060/ppc Grex/Voodoo
OS 3.9

A1 G4/1Ghz born again thanks to Acube Systems.
OS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Still no download manager yet *Sigh*. Otherwise its working fine, i think theres a gmail bug when logging out. Allthough i think thats noted.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

I'm the guy who have requested the availability or acces page with login and password, on the thread of the previous version.

I have tested the access of my modem http://192.168.1.1 and a small window is opened for the login and password. enter the login and password the first internet page of my modem work fine.

Of course, I haven't tested all modem pages but now with OWB, amiga users with AOS4.1 can now have an access on the settings on their internet modem more easily.

Thanks a lot for this great feature added on OWB, you are the best

NOTE: work also on another site I use who ask a login+password. just the login and password window this time much smallest than the one for the modem, just a little detail

A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+IIYAMA 17"+CD,CDRW,ZIP SCSI-KIT
SAM440EP on Mapower 3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disk Preservation Project
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Webshop in datatronic.fi doesn't work properly with 3.14. F.ex. menu/list in left hand side is missing. That site worked fine with 3.13.

Changing RAMIGA+C to local charset copy is very good and welcome change ! And also DOWNLOADDIR tooltype is very welcome too !

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@redfox

Posting with OWB 3.14 to test a theory.

---
redfox

Edited by redfox on 2009/6/11 2:29:45
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH

Quote:

ChrisH wrote:
It's great to finally see GMail fully working on OWB . OK, so it's a bit slow, but I think that's unavoidable on a huge Javascript monster, when you only have 667MHz & no JIT Javascript.

Maybe you should suggest a bounty for a Javascript JIT. Google's V8 Javascript engine or Firefox's Tracemonkey could be candidates for a starting point. The biggest problem would be finding someone qualified to do the work (see some discussion here).

I think that I'd want this more than JIT for EUAE.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Hans

Quote:
Maybe you should suggest a bounty for a Javascript JIT. Google's V8 Javascript engine or Firefox's Tracemonkey could be candidates for a starting point.
Why V8? Since it doesn't support PPC either, only x86 and ARM, WebKit's own JIT, SquirrelFishExtreme, would probably be the better choise.
For TraceMonkey there is some (incomplete?) PPC support, but integrating it in WebKit is very likely much more work than porting the x86 parts of SFE to PPC.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

Quote:

joerg wrote:
@Hans

Quote:
Maybe you should suggest a bounty for a Javascript JIT. Google's V8 Javascript engine or Firefox's Tracemonkey could be candidates for a starting point.
Why V8? Since it doesn't support PPC either, only x86 and ARM, WebKit's own JIT, SquirrelFishExtreme, would probably be the better choise.
For TraceMonkey there is some (incomplete?) PPC support, but integrating it in WebKit is very likely much more work than porting the x86 parts of SFE to PPC.

V8 and Tracemonkey were the only two that I could think of. V8 seems like a better candidate than Tracemonkey because it's used in Google Chrome, which is based on Webkit too. I took a quick peek at the V8 source once, and it looks like it's well written, and there's a clear API for the CPU specific code generator. Writing a code generator is a big task, but it beats writing the whole JIT from scratch.

I didn't realise that Webkit had its own JIT. If that or SFE are better choices, then I'm all for using them. The bottom line is, so long as the end product works well, the developer can choose whatever JIT he/she fancies.

Hans

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

I just had a quick look at SquirrelFish Extreme, and it looks like you're right; it is the better choice. No idea why I had never heard of it before.

Hans

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@magic

Quote:

magic wrote:
Still no download manager yet *Sigh*. Otherwise its working fine, i think theres a gmail bug when logging out. Allthough i think thats noted.

No Sighing allowed unless you've at least donated once of course if you have then by all means express yourself

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@redfox

Trying another option.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I switched back to version 3.13, too. Many problems with submit/ok-buttons and down-scrolling on some websites. When I scroll down a page, OWB displays the last visible lines many times. When I scroll up then, the site displays right.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@gurus2000 & others

Don't forget to report any issues on http://bugs.os4depot.net

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@gurus2000

Quote:

gurus2000 wrote:
I switched back to version 3.13, too. Many problems with submit/ok-buttons and down-scrolling on some websites. When I scroll down a page, OWB displays the last visible lines many times. When I scroll up then, the site displays right.

This behaviour?

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@redfox

Hmmm ...

The "Post Comment" button works just as expected when posting a comment to a news item.

---
redfox

Go to top
Anonymous
Tis a mere form submit button:

<input class="formButton" name="contents_submit" id="contents_submit" value="Submit" tabindex="3" type="submit">

The other buttons (apart from file upload) all use JavaScript to submit.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 »