Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
125 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 125

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: OWB 3.10
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@redfox

yes, the stable release is 3.7 !!!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@xeron

Yeah, so it should be 3.09 followed by 3.10.
It's basic numeracy!

But anyway, splitting hairs

Rude!

Nissan GTR '08
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Rudei

You might want to check out this page. It has a good description of verion strings, and how they are used.

Simon

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Rigo

Thanks for the link, it outlines very clearly that 3.9 to 3.10 is a legal version transition.

Seems crazy to me from a simple maths point of view but that's immaterial.

Cheers,
Rude!

Nissan GTR '08
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@broadblues
I just viewed the source for this forum page and it seemed normal. Blue horizontal lines have been an intermittent problem for my ?A1 since OS4 Final. I get lots of them in random windows with compositing turned on. I can only suggest trying the source view with compositing off.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
3.10 crashes every time as I try to start it on my SAM with OS4.1.
I used 3.9 again.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Rudei

LOL, it is against all you learn in maths class alright, but then it's not supposed to be maths... It might be clearer if it was reported as v3r10, 3-10 or something I guess, but I'm so used to version numbers in all programmes that I'd be confused if it went from 3.9 to 4.0... I'd expect 4.0 to be a totally new version, probably with more bugs and features than 3.9, instead of a progressive update like this is.

From a maths point of view though, surely 3.10 is the same as 3.1?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I'd like an option for the context menu to open link in an inactive tab. Also an add tab button at the toolbar as well as go buttons for url and search. Oh and a close gadget at each tab too. Of course, more important is a download window to see the status, prefarably some resume function for downloads as well. In any case, I'm ultra happy with 3.10, it's awsome!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Slayer
I like OWB but I must say that v3.10 is unusable for any extended period of time.
I can understand an expanding memory cache as more sites are visited but the current memory usage goes way beyond what would be reasonable for additional caching. I just visited AW.net after a cold boot. I clicked a single forum link, waited for it to load, clicked the back gadget to return to the main page, waited until it loaded and repeated that process over again more than 20 times. Each time I went from page to page (the same 2 pages over and over) I lost about 5 MB of memory. Occasionally I would lose 20+ MB. Both pages should either be cached or getting reloaded, but I shouldn't be losing memory simply by switching between the same 2 pages multiple times.

Typing this message just took me from 200MB to 8MB free memory. I had to quit OWB and start it again because my system was slowing down. Almost all the memory was returned when I quit OWB and the several MB that was not returned could be accounted for by opened libraries/devices etc. I'm afraid I'll need to revert to an earlier version of OWB like some other users. The memory consumption with this version (v3.10) is just too outrageous.

I using a ?A1 with OS 4.1.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Daedalus

Quote:

Daedalus wrote:
@Rudei

LOL, it is against all you learn in maths class alright, but then it's not supposed to be maths... It might be clearer if it was reported as v3r10, 3-10 or something I guess, but I'm so used to version numbers in all programmes that I'd be confused if it went from 3.9 to 4.0... I'd expect 4.0 to be a totally new version, probably with more bugs and features than 3.9, instead of a progressive update like this is.

From a maths point of view though, surely 3.10 is the same as 3.1?

It absolutely is the same, but just from a maths point of view previous versions would have had a ".0x" extension.

I'm ok with it now I understand it, you learn something new every day as they say.

Rude!

Nissan GTR '08
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)