Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
98 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 96

remotenemesis, skynet, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3)
Re: OWB 2.5
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

I'm using OWB for the first time since the end of June when my old hard drive died. At that time I was using OWB 1.24. Just installed OWB 2.5 about an hour ago and I'm using the SObjs files from a previous version. So far so good, although it seems to slow down normal Workbench activities if OWB is running.

Anyways, thumbs up. Thanks for all your work on this web browser. All the sites I normally visit are working fine so far.

Thanks,

redfox

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

How can one get this?

I'm using version 1.24, which is the newest available on either OS4Depot or Aminet, and which I downloaded in August. (Even it was a major upgrade from what I had been using before.)

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
There is a page which no Amiga browser will cope with including this one - the page on my new router. I could program my old D-Link router from IBrowse but it died. The new router page can be viewed from IBrowse but cannot be altered. AWeb does not see it at all. OWB, all versions (and Amaya if I remember correctly) will not display the password requester so just throws up a forbidden requester. Is this down to javascript?I have to ask another user to come in with his laptop if a change is needed. Fortunately he can talk to the router via wireless so I do not have to change or add cables.

So my irritations with current Amiga browsers are primarily lack of flash/flex, inadequate java, and now can't change my new wireless router, but OWB does give me CSS - hooray!.

Noel

Go to top
Re: OWB 2.4
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@K-L

Quote:

K-L wrote:
@Framiga

Indeed, Joerg explained somewhere why OWB doesn't use the video memory.

I could not explain it myself but there was a good reason if I remember correctly..

ah ok, thank you!

It uses some only when opening a second window.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@noelfuller

It probably uses http authentication.

Go to top
Re: OWB 2.3
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@HammerD

Quote:
Hi Joerg, OWB is shaping up very nice. Can you add drop down history on the address line for your next version for recently visited websites? (This could be saved to a text file and re-loaded automatically when you start OWB so the history si preserved)
Before implementing completely new features I want to implement everything OWB Blastoise had (downloads, bookmarks, arexx port, ...) in OWB Doduo first.

Quote:
The progress bar and number of network connections (I think OWB is limited to one?) could also be nice features, and bookmarks as in the older version.
Progress bar is implemented in 2.6. It's using up to 5 connections.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ShInKurO

Quote:
Please Joerg, can you respect, where it's valid yet, Amiga Intuition Style Guide? AmigaR+C = Copy, you have associated this shortcut to "Close page", if you will implement c&p on browser AmigaR+C will be use from the user for "Copy on Clipboard".
Version 2.6 has copy&paste support now and of course uses the standard shortcuts (<RAMIGA><C>, <RAMIGA><X> and <RAMIGA><V>). I've changed the "Close window" menu key to 'W', AFAIK there is no standard key for closing the current window.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@salass00

Quote:
For some reason though I can't drag and drop on WB when I have OWB running.
Fixed in 2.6, it updated some gadgets even if nothing changed. If something changes and gadgets are updated icon dragging on the workbench is still cancelled, but there is nothing I can do about that and it should happen with all programs, not only OWB.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@noelfuller

Quote:
There is a page which no Amiga browser will cope with including this one - the page on my new router. I could program my old D-Link router from IBrowse but it died. The new router page can be viewed from IBrowse but cannot be altered. AWeb does not see it at all. OWB, all versions (and Amaya if I remember correctly) will not display the password requester so just throws up a forbidden requester. Is this down to javascript?
No, routers use http authentication which isn't supported by OWB yet. IBrowse and AWeb support it, but probably fail because of unsupported javascript after that.

OWB doesn't ask for username/password yet, but what may work already is putting them in the URL, i.e. using something like http://username:password@192.168.1.1/

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@joerg

Quote:

joerg wrote:

Version 2.6 has copy&paste support now and of course uses the standard shortcuts (<RAMIGA><C>, <RAMIGA><X> and <RAMIGA><V>). I've changed the "Close window" menu key to 'W', AFAIK there is no standard key for closing the current window.

Not in the AUISG, no. Workbench uses <RAMIGA><K>, maybe it would be an idea to follow that example?

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@joerg

in transmission this trick is used to not break drag and drop.

if ( MainWindow )
{
while (!IGraphics->AttemptLockLayerRom(MainScreen->BarLayer))
{
IDOS->Delay(1);
}

IGraphics->UnlockLayerRom(MainScreen->BarLayer);

IIntuition->SetGadgetAttrs( (struct Gadget *)n->tn_Object, MainWindow, NULL,
RAA_Torrent_Stats, tor_s,
TAG_END
);
}

RWO

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

Quote:

OWB doesn't ask for username/password yet, but what may work already is putting them in the URL, i.e. using something like http://username:password@192.168.1.1/

With the appropriate address this opened the modem and unlike ibrowse I was also able to alter fields - I did not attempt this until I had installed OWB 2.6. Thanks, I feel cheerful again.

Noel

PS. Here's the crazy thing. With OWB I can use all the config buttons down the side (Wizard, WAN, LAN, DHCP, DNS, Dynamic DNS). With IBrowse I can use all the buttons across the top (Home, Advanced, Tools, Status, Help). Neither will action the other group. But two halves do not make a whole because the buttons down the side change with each button across the top (I'm told)!

Edited by noelfuller on 2008/8/25 6:03:26
Edited by noelfuller on 2008/8/25 6:04:21
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3)