Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 102

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Compiling E-UAE with ALSA
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi,

I'm compiling e-uae with --with-alsa and it makes a makefile for alsa, but the final binary reports:

unknown config entry: 'alsa.device=default'
unknown config entry: 'alsa.verbose=false'

when running using a config file saved from the pre-compiled 0.8.29-WIP4 from teh E-UAE page.

What am I missing?

tiffers

Go to top
Re: Compiling E-UAE with ALSA
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@tiffers

are you compiling for AOS4 as host or Linux as host OS ?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Belxjander

Sorry, Linux.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@tiffers

The config entries aren't recognised, but ALSA should work fine. You can just delete those two lines for now.

Amir

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@tiffers

Quote:

What am I missing?

Since the ALSA config options are not recognized, I'd hazard a guess that you are not actually successfully building against ALSA.

Do you have the libasound2 headers installed? (the package will be called something like libasound2-dev - depending on which distro you are using).

If that isn't the problem, then email me your config.log file (which should be generated by configure) privately.

Cheers,
Rich

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@evilrich

I was running Slackware Linux 11.0. Slackware doesn't tend to separate indo -dev packages. If you install the package, you get the headers too :)

I'm now running Windows (to keep someone else happy :-\) so it's no longer an issue for me.

However searching for libasound on the newer Slackware 12.0 results in this:

bash-3.1$ locate libasound
/usr/lib/libasound.la
/usr/lib/libasound.so
/usr/lib/libasound.so.2
/usr/lib/libasound.so.2.0.0

So no libasound2, but there's definitely a libasound.so.2.

tiffers

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@tiffers

Ok, I'm back to (Slackware) Linux on my PC again, and I'm keen to roll my own UAE binary.

It seems that other distros also have libasound.so.2(.x.x) as part of their libasound2 packages, so I am going to assume this is libasound2. The kernel is 2.6.21.5, so it's likely to be 'the latest'.

I guess I'll need to check out the slackware source repository and find out what headers there are to be included, unless someone can tell me I'm wrong in what I said above?

tiffers

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@evilrich

Quote:
Since the ALSA config options are not recognized, I'd hazard a guess that you are not actually successfully building against ALSA.

Well, I was using --with-alsa and the output of configure showed it probing for alsa etc. I think make even did something there.. not sure as I found the real problem.

Quote:
Do you have the libasound2 headers installed? (the package will be called something like libasound2-dev - depending on which distro you are using).

Yeah slackware always installs the header/include files if you install a package. They don't separate runtime and developer bits for a package.

Quote:
If that isn't the problem, then email me your config.log file (which should be generated by configure) privately.

The problem turned out to be that I had both of the following features 'configured':

--with-alsa
--with-sdl-sound

Now, most unix packages I've had experience with, this will compile in both abilities and then whatever works at runtime is used. UAE's configuration however seems to choose one over the other. In this case I noticed in the output of configure that the said:

checking for sound target to build... "SDL"

and so I removed it from my options and re-compiled and lo and behold, it said:

checking for sound target to build... "ALSA"

and of course the alsa options in the .uaerc file are recognized.

So there you go. Now, to work out why the RSI MegaDemo keeps getting a guru meditation after the first de-crunch phase...

tiffers

Go to top

Register To Post