Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
145 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 144

skynet, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

How update the driver to my Sam460?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi, I'm out of AmigaOS4.x several years and now I want to use my Sam 460ex but I have the doubt how update the graphic drivers for it, I bough the license to driver from aeon several years ago, but now is impossible donwload them from theis site, I write a mail, and the answer is that I have installed Enhacer and other program, but I could see that Enhacer Software is to pay, how to pay two times for the graphics drivers?
is there an offline drivers? because I haven't internet connection and the sam hasn't wifi and neither the AmigaOS4 recognizes the wifi usb drives.

Thanks.

Go to top
Re: How update the driver to my Sam460?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Have you checked http://amisphere.com ?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Templario

Quote:
I could see that Enhancer Software is to pay, how to pay two times for the graphics drivers?

The driver you bought originally is a fully functional Radeon HD driver. It still does the job you bought it for.

The driver development, however, has moved on, and a lot of skills, effort & money have been invested in it over the years. So if you want the latest version with all the new features, you will need to pay for it. It's not that you will be paying again - you will be paying for a different product.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@trixie
I don't understand the AmigaOS4 philosophy, I bought my Sam with a special AmigaOS4 for this board, after another AmigaOS4 FE and the 3D support still is missing after AEon sell us a graphics drivers that in my sam did nothing, and now I have will buy the Enhacer Software, because it is a different product? Well it is a joke the AmigaOS4 is a sect to give our money to leader? If this case happen in other system the people would be protesting.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Templario

Quote:
AmigaOS4 is a sect to give our money to leader?

No, you give money to people who develop software for you. Let me recap the situation:

Hyperion - the people who sold you AmigaOS4 - did not give you advanced Radeon drivers or a 3D system.

A-EON - a completely different company unrelated to Hyperion - invested their own money in graphic driver development, and delivered what Hyperion failed to deliver. They offer this as a commercial product that is not part of AmigaOS4, and have every right to charge money for it.

You have every right not to buy their product.

You also have every right to go and complain to Hyperion why they did not give you what should be a standard part of your operating system.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@trixie

No let's recap, he payed for driver version X from AEON, and now AEON has taken driver away from him. he lost access to download what he payed for.

He is not talking about new updated drivers for Radeon RX, by the way its for different type of graphic card.

Hans has not added any power management support to Radeon HD so there is no point upgrading anything.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:
he payed for driver version X from AEON, and now AEON has taken driver away from him. he lost access to download what he payed for.

How so? AFAIK A-EON has only been selling the Radeon HD driver via AmiStore as separate product, or as part of the Enhancer package. If Templario bought a Radeon HD driver from AmiStore back then, the (re)download should still be available from there. Looking at AmiStore, it still has Radeon HD 1 and Radeon HD 2 drivers listed. So if he doesn't want to upgrade, fair enough - all that's necessary is redownload the old version he paid for.

The Rear Window blog

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@trixie

Indeed both Radeon HD 1 x and 2.x show up in my Amistore / Updater downloads, this should still be the case for templario (depending which version he bought).

Could be catch 22 though if he doesn't have driver installed to get AmiStore up and running?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
As in understand from his 1st post, he has no Internet connection with his Sam so he wanted to download it directly from A-Eon's site and he could not find it anymore.

The best would be to take his Sam near an Internet connection and use AmiStore to get the latest version of the sofwtare he bought.

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@K-L
Yes you are understand my problem, because I shall download this drivers in offline mode with my phone mobile, but now it is impossible because it is a different product......

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Templario

I suggest you give AmigaKit a call and explain your situation - based on my experience, it's generally faster than e-mailing them. Make sure you can identify your purchase of the driver, otherwise they won't be able to help you.

The Rear Window blog

Go to top

Register To Post