Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 106

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Icon Specification
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi, can anyone let me know if there are in specifications for dual png icons on OS4? On MorphOS I can join 2 pngs, rename as .info and then replace the icon of my program and it works. Also, can anyone download a wip hollywood compile I have from here and let me know how's is working on his system (check fps with RA-P)? Can you see if it has a docky icon? I know you can add dual png state under Hollywood appicon preprocessor command but I am interested in adding it afterwards, without the need of the script.

Go to top
Re: Icon Specification
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Cool_amigaN
I am a bit doubtful if OS4 supports using PNG files as icons, but this might help:
http://os4depot.net/index.php?functio ... convert/pngicon2amiga.lha

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH
PNG icons don't works on os4 out of box, but works when user install http://os4depot.net/share/library/misc/png_im.lha

But you are right, pngicon2amiga convert png to aos4 icons fine enough (i use it all the time).

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e
Probably better for program author to convert PNG to OS4 icons once, than for him to expect every potential user to install a PNG icon patch...

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Cool_amigaN
I D/L your program and ran a quick test. When it starts, my Workbench screen colors are changed and Workbench is frozen. Even if I switch it to fullscreen my Workbench screen has altered colors and is unusable. It doesn't matter if it has a docky icon if Workbench is frozen and there is no point in putting it in a window on Workbench if Workbench is unusable. Maybe you should run the program on a custom screen and leave the Workbench screen alone. I don't usually play games on my Amiga so others may have a different opinion.

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top

Register To Post