Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
144 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 144

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 4 (5)
Re: Making WarZone 2100 ..
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

That is too bad. Those functions are all missing from newlib (sigaction, fork, pipe and execve). AmiCygnix's libaos4util has fork, pipe and execve functions but they are just dummies that return an error value when called, so if these function calls are important for the game to work then they won't be any use.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@salass00

Its missing from newlib, but its avail in clib2 ? (if so, then we can build new stub library with only those 4 functions which we need ?)

I also check Frank's posix library for vbcc, and that library also do not have any of those 4 functions.

Realisation of Execve will be easy imho (Execute() ), fork() we also can implement like Execute + newtask. Dunno about sigaction and pipe .. Btw, if ixemul.library and arosc.library have fork() already, can we port it to for us to make it works in newlib ? Or as you say we can port vfork() (and add in include redirect to vfork() when fork() are need it).

But anyway, will be cool if we can have these 4 functions working for new lib ( + we can add to that library Glob()/FreeGlob() which i port few days ago). It will helps much for porting stuff (and not only for warzone)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

Its missing from newlib, but its avail in clib2 ? (if so, then we can build new stub library with only those 4 functions which we need ?)

No. At least sigaction, pipe and fork are missing from clib2 too.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all

How about asking Fab for help ?

He already port this game on MorphOS, (altrought an ancient release)

I believe that MorphOS doesn't have fork, pipe and others ...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79
Why not. You can write mail to him, or found him at aros or morphos channels on irc , and point on that thread. Will be cool if he can help with that.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Ok message sent

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

I have talk with him yesterday, and he say, that that pipe/sigaction/execve/fork stuff are no necessary, and can be commented. As i understand, he replace that part , by part from win32 dependences.

Also he say, that new released introduced some more dependences, and because of it he do not port latest versions (but these dependences can be builded of course, just some more work).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Well done Kas, meanwhile I point him to this thread, maybe we can able to build togheter the latest version for both system

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

Made any progrress lately?

X5000
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 4 (5)