Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
92 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 92

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 4 »
Re: SDL developers.. please read
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
i just filled an issue on the os4sdl page.
http://code.google.com/p/os4sdl/issues/detail?id=8

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@kas1e

the problem was that SDL was switching from window mode to fullscreen a lot of time and not only one time.
It wasn't reset neither the keyboard and so it was like F4 was pressed many time

Regard scummvm if you can compile a version that has the SDL dinamically linked maybe we can try to understand where is the problem

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@spotup
Check PM on AW plz (or your mail at gmail).

Btw, why you say that Heroes2 will not works ? I compiled latest version from SVN few days ago (and afxgroup compile today one). Game looks like works .. or i miss something ?

@afxgroup
Understand.. Will try for now check Giddy with new SDL and Heroes2 (to detect that old and new are works).

About scummvm - did you still want do test on it ? We can choice any other simply SDL game/app/demo. I think Giddy have the same problem (will try it right now).

EDIT: tested. And yes, with Giddy are absolutly the same problem. I just run it, then run SGRAB, then just grab window, and then, just try to move window of Giddy and have totall mess. And Giddy are dinamically linked.

PS. Imho, "removing of unused GL calls" was not so right step .. Many games still refers to it, and , it always better have working game, which in some fucntion just do nothing, if compare with not having fucntions at all.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@afxgroup

But Aquaria don't work with the latest SDL RC37 ?

I get:

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

PS. Imho, "removing of unused GL calls" was not so right step .. Many games still refers to it, and , it always better have working game, which in some fucntion just do nothing, if compare with not having fucntions at all.

i've removed them because you could get an ISI when you use it. We must keep MiniGL and SDL function table up to date.

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@afxgroup

I just fear, that some games/demos will not works for now like Aquaria. But from other side, almost all SDL apps we have statically linked.

Anyway, for example you remove some fucntion, which use some programm. Before - it compiles fine, just do nothing (and possible to give ISI), but what will be now ? Source just will say for you "that fucntion are not present, buy", and coder should jump in the code-mess , and remove that fucntions from code (which from time to time are pretty hard to do).

Maybe we should just have all fucntion, but "empty" ones fix to avoid ISI ? Or i miss something here ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@samo79

damn..

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
As user I tend to agree with kas1e, removing functions can break a lot of apps here, IMHO it would be better to mantain compatibility as mutch is possible instead to drop functions to avoid errors, ok Aquaria is maybe unique as it seems to have a particular implementation for testing, but I'm talking in general ...

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

EDIT: tested. And yes, with Giddy are absolutly the same problem. I just run it, then run SGRAB, then just grab window, and then, just try to move window of Giddy and have totall mess. And Giddy are dinamically linked.

i've just tried giddy on my A1 with Sgrab1.29 (6.7.2006) and i don't have that problem when grab the window (or the entire screen) and then i move the Giddy window.. that's strange

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@samo79

i'll revert the opengl implementation but ihmo, if a funcion is not present can cause wrong results and also other problems like the ISI

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

From other side, as i understand, AfxGroup want have implemented all functions normally, or not have implemented it at all. From that point of view its good for progress. If someone will not have some function in programm, which before "do nothing" (and because of it was buggy), then, coder will ask about that fucntion to implement, and it will be implemented right.

That how i understand reassons of AfxGroup to remove empty ones.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@afxgroup

Mmm and if you use some if statement instead ?

Like:

If function is present

use

if function is not present

break

... just a question, i'm not into it

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
i wrote this about fheroes2 here before i read your report about it. it must have been fixed since i compiled my version then.
i should update and try again. :)
sorry!

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
ok,
i've added two files into the project.

the first one called SDL_os4_notimplemented_funcs.c contains all functions
the second one called SDL_os4_notimplemented_table.c contains the function table of the missing functions.
in the file SDL_os4_wrapper.c the two files are wrapped by a
#ifdef NOT_IMPLEMENTED_FUNCS

so it is possible to disable them.
In the missing funcions i've add a little printf

#define FUNC_NOT_IMPLEMENTED printf("function (%s) not implemented on file (%s),%d\n",__FUNCTION__, __FILE__, __LINE__);

static void AmiglClearIndex( GLfloat c ) {
FUNC_NOT_IMPLEMENTED
#ifndef __amigaos4__
return glClearIndex(c);
#endif
}

so if the functions is called it will print where it is called.

Let me know what you think so i can repack the SDL again

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@afxgroup

i just tried it with holotz-castle, it didn't work with the old sdl. it failed to find a proper screenmode, now it works. =)
i don't know if it's sdl or the game though, but when running it in window mode the window is huuuge with the game in the middle and black borders..

let me know when the sdl update will be officially released so i know when to upload the game.. :)

edit; it was the game being stupid, all seems fine.

Edited by spotUP on 2010/7/16 5:24:39
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@afxgroup

Tested latest one. All works fine, Aquaria works at alt :)

@SpotUP

A bit offtopic, but i found that you upload CrapGames vol.20, and in readme you say "if it crashes, please set stack 10000", but, for now it always much better add stack cookie to the code itself all the time, so user no need to think about stack anymore. If you didt know about how to do that, there is:

Quote:

#ifdef __amigaos4__
static const char * __attribute__((used)) stackcookie = "$STACK: 1000000";
#endif

Put that code just in main file, after includes. And every programm where you will put these lines, will always have big enough stack and users will be happy and forget about that stack size setting at all.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

i know i know... but those __crap__ games ain't worth the time. ;)
no one will play them anyway, but atleast no one else will loose time compiling them, as i did the dirty work.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@spotUP

You are right, one more way to do good-quality ports :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

With last hexen2 compiled by hunoPPC:

- inventory left right [ ] not work.
- jump ! not work
- left move or right move (one step to the right or left) not work). (arrow left and arrow right work fine)

I could jump with / on the Keypad.

Just re-installed previous hexen2 version and all the keys mentionned above work fine.

About my previous statement about [ ] not working:

finally working, just need to lost some live power to use the item and need more than one to use [ and ]. sorry for this error...

in fact the error is located on keys like /, [, ], and keys like q,w,.... work fine (on hexen2 of course).

Edited by Mrodfr on 2010/7/16 19:04:25
A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+IIYAMA 17"+CD,CDRW,ZIP SCSI-KIT
SAM440EP on Mapower 3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disk Preservation Project
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 4 »