Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
117 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 117

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

OS4 Final mouse pointer size
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I finally did the installation of OS4 Final on my default boot partition last evening, one thing that annoy me compared to my previous install : the mouse pointer size which is way too small on my 1200x1024 resolution, I tried the 32bits Mousepointer from OS4Depot but I can't make myself to this pointer...
So here is my question it seems to me there was an option somewhere (Picasso96?) that enable the mouse pointer to be bigger (that should be how I managed to have such a big pointer under pre4) but I can't remember which. Can someone help me ?

PS: the 32bits pointer is a good idea but either the OS4Depot one has something strange, either this me being accomodated to the default one but I have the impression to not click on the right place. It's a strange feeling I can't really explain which give the impression to not be as accurate with this pointer than with the one I had under pre4

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Re: OS4 Final mouse pointer size
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@abalaban

I am using a PNG 32 bit type pointer now.

Check the file envarc:sysdef_pointer.info

There should be two tooltypes, XOFFSET and YOFFSET which give the offset valuse that may be needed in an image to accurately place the pointer active spot. If these are missing the values will default to 0 which may not be correct.

Bill

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@BillE

Thank you for your answer, the problem is not the hot spot position, it seems to be good, but rather the form of the pointer itself that gives me a stange feeling because of not being rotated to the same angle or something like that I imagine, thus giving me this sensation. But I'm pretty sure this not objective at all, only i was used to my previous pointer form... May be someone we drawing talent can make a nice 32bit pointer reproducing the traditionnal pointer form but a bit bigger ?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@abalaban

Try this pointer.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Severin

thank you, I'll try that

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@abalaban

Quote:

abalaban wrote:
I finally did the installation of OS4 Final on my default boot partition last evening, one thing that annoy me compared to my previous install : the mouse pointer size which is way too small on my 1200x1024 resolution

Just open pref/pointers, select open from the menu, and choose "HiRes-Coloures.pre", and select save in the pref/pointers window.

That did it for me.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@abalaban

I'm working on a selection of 32-bit pointers. Hopefully, there'll be something for everyone in there. I'll hopefully have them on OS4Depot by next weekend.

FuZion.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@abalaban

Quote:

Thank you for your answer, the problem is not the hot spot position, it seems to be good, but rather the form of the pointer itself that gives me a stange feeling because of not being rotated...

I see, it is the orientation of the actual pointer that you don't like.

I have done a pointer and busy-bee one which I will probably get around to uploading to OS4 Depot one day.

<rant>
Not now as I am still stuck with dialup thanks to our wonderful telecomms company BT ruining my line and ADSL connection over four weeks ago. They still have not fixed it, BT are the one company in the world that are even worse than Microsoft
</rant>

Bill.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@BillE

I cannot agree with you there, BT may have caused temporary trouble for a few million people whereas M$ has caused prolonged trouble for billions of people.

Edited by Severin on 2007/1/13 22:55:22
Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@FuZion

Quote:

FuZion wrote:
@abalaban

I'm working on a selection of 32-bit pointers. Hopefully, there'll be something for everyone in there. I'll hopefully have them on OS4Depot by next weekend.

FuZion.

Looking forward to it FuZion. 32-bit pointers rock!

OS4.1 + an A1XE with an appetite for batteries!
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Severin

Hey, I'm not defending M$ by any means, it is just BT are diabolical.

Five weeks ago now they came and did some work locally, replaced some older lines by an underground cable and now removed the old lines that worked. Since then zilch, no ADSL.

No one at BT is responsible, they know they did something but won't do anything. They just like a stuck record keep passing me back to my ISP, who try but when they arrange for BT to come round they never turn up and the one time they did all the bloke did was tell me I wasn't getting a sync. I knew that already !

I am absolutely sick of BT but round here they are the only way you can even connect to the internet

Thank goodness for USB pens, at least I did eventually manage to download OS4 final at the local library, no chance of even thinking of doing it here. IB2.4 took long enough.

Bill.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@BillE

Then dump BT and pay your line rental to someone else, I'm with Homecall (pipex) and F2S.com (also pipex), when I had trouble with my ADSL they contacted BT and I had an appointment arranged within 3 hours of my sunday morning call for the next week and the engineer was only 20 mins late.

BT may piss you about but they can't afford to piss off pipex

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Severin

> Then dump BT and pay your line rental to someone else...

I am with Post Office Home Phone, that just makes matters worse as BT then tell you aren't even a customer ! Of course when the line is the problem, that is still BT's.

They all just tell you to "contact your service provider" anyway.

The good news is that today, it only took them five weeks, that someone did eventually come round to fix it. Split pairs accidentally inroduced on my line when doing other work in December

It is all the bureaucracy you have to go through that is the problem, no one takes any responsibility though the line belongs clearly to BT who at one point even denied having done anything to cause the problem.

I suppose to stay on topic I had better archive my mouse pointers and upload them somewhere now.

Bill

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@BillE
Quote:
I suppose to stay on topic I had better archive my mouse pointers and upload them somewhere now.

We all need to vent once in a while. No harm done.

I look forward to seeing the pointers. This new 32 bit pointer feature is kinda growing on me.

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ssolie

I have a couple sorted out now. I've got a little tweaking & recafoobulating to do & I'll upload them. HOPEFULLY tonight, but it's more likely to be tomorrow night.

FuZion.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ssolie

Quote:

ssolie wrote:
@BillE
[quote]
I look forward to seeing the pointers. This new 32 bit pointer feature is kinda growing on me.

The thing I like about them is that they don't mess up the pointer in applications that use custom pointer imagery, IBrowse, TurboCalc, Digital Universe etc.

With the old pointer prefs, if you used colours different to those used in the default pointer, you could get funny looking pointers. For example the IB2.4 "hand" was not easy to see using the normal pointer prefs version of my pointer as the hand outline was yellow instead of black.

With the new system you leave the default pointer as is so other apps pointer colours look as they should but you still get a nice WB pointer using the images in envarc:sys

Its a nice feature, that at first I must admit I didn't see the "point" of. [bad pun intended]

Bill.

Go to top

Register To Post