Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
93 user(s) are online (50 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 93

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)
Anonymous
Re: AmiWest 2012 News?
Quote:
I think i'm prepared for the future. I have the following gfx cards... 1950pro 2x 4890 5450 6450 7750

Lucky one, maybe we should all do the same

Go to top
Re: AmiWest 2012 News?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
TJ,
Quote:
So tell me more about the dual display setup.

I take it workbench runs on one display and the other your apps of choice?

Do both displays also have slide down screens?

You can see my X1000 displays in operation in my LightWave video on YouTube. The main screen, fed by the 6850 card, is a Samsung 16:10 LCD with a native resolution of 1920x1200. I use this for most everything and I tend to favor running applications on their own screens rather than on the Workbench. It's the way I did things starting with my Amiga 500 in 1987, and old habits are hard to break. Of course, I had not so much screen real estate back then.

Incidentally, I have found that a 1280x800 resolution screen will also fill my Samsung display and works well for classic applications such as LightWave and Imagine. At 1920x1200, the user interface elements of those programs are very small and hard to see. While this lower resolution is "softer" because it is not the displays' native resolution, this particular monitor seems to scale things very well.

The other monitor is a Dell 4:3 monitor with a native resolution of 1280x1024, and it is fed by the 4850 card that shipped with my X1000. A lot of times, this screen is black, but I frequently will throw something on it -- like an ADPro graphic render or Directory Opus on its own screen. Some programs, like Hively Tracker, for instance, just look better to me full screen on a 4:3 aspect ratio monitor. So those get sent to the Dell. Sometimes, I put LightWave's Layout and Modeler programs on separate displays at the same time.

I've been using the FRED program that comes with ADPro to to some batch operations. I put FRED on one monitor and ADPro's interface is on the Workbench screen on the other monitor. When the automated processing starts between these two programs, it's a hoot to watch the "action" jump back and forth between the screens. (It doesn't take much to amuse me. LOL!)

Anyway, multiple displays on Amiga is different than on Mac, where I have a giant desktop spanning two large screens. On the Mac, I like to spread programs like Lightroom and Final Cut Pro across the two screens. Amiga apps don't tend to work this way, and the OS does not support this style of twin displays.

But I like the way things are just fine, and yes, you can slide down screens on both monitors.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)