Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
156 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 155

salass00, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3)
Re: What have you learned at the Anniversary?
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@trixie

Quote:

trixie wrote:

You described my feelings spot-on! An indoor venue was what I expected (especially as Saturday was very cold and windy over there in Bletchley) but I can understand cost was an issue. I enjoyed the party and don't regret coming.

The marquee was supplied by VCF, it was totally out of the control of ANT/LAG as organisers of that area. Most likely cause is that there was no indoor space available.

If it's good enough for a tea-party at Buckingham Palace, it sure was good enough for us :)

Simon

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@trixie

I have a feeling Marquee is a word we 'borrowed' from the french.

Aside from where or what it was hosted in, it was the busiest place to be on Saturday.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Rigo

> If it's good enough for a tea-party at Buckingham Palace, it sure was good enough for us :)

LOL. Nice one

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Rigo

Quote:

Rigo wrote:

If it's good enough for a tea-party at Buckingham Palace, it sure was good enough for us :)

Simon

OK Ya time for tiffin, A spot of tea in the Exclusive 25th Anniversary Tea Mugs what Ho, pass the sugar old bean

This Puny World will bow down to
Professor Chaos
Prepare for the greatest Villan you have ever seen!!
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Rigo

Amigans should aim higher than that.

Quote:

Rigo wrote:

Simon

X5000
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@trixie

Quote:

trixie wrote:
You described my feelings spot-on! An indoor venue was what I expected (especially as Saturday was very cold and windy over there in Bletchley) but I can understand cost was an issue. I enjoyed the party and don't regret coming.

The reason we were in the Marquee was because we were the largest group exhibiting. There wasn't any space for all the stuff we had. - In all there were 22 tables in use by the Amiga Area

Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Mikey_C

I wish people would also stop calling our Marquee a freaking tent!! Marquee's can cost up to ?1500 to buy. A tent you can buy from argos for under ?20.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Mikey_C
Hey folks, I did not meant to critizise that the meeting/exhibition was held in a Marquee.. you did an excellent job Mikey_C. I just thought it might have been better to choose something else for a world premier. But this is up to A-Eon to decide which location fits to their marketing strategy/idea. For now A1X1000 seems to aim to retro/scene people. Those were probably the biggest groupt attending the show. Not saying this is wrong (for the moment) cannot even judge about future (lets say when X1000 gets delivered to endusers/hits the market) because I donnot know how small the Amiga Market really is, and when break even will be reached. I am just afraid, that the existing Amigamarket is not enough for a break even or higher return on invest. Hope the marketing is well thought through, and not sort of "lets do this today and something totally different tommorow". All "puplic actions" (fairs, tradeshows, presentations, web presence incl. teasers etc.) will have effects, which you should be aware of beforehand.

Anyway, would have been great, if I just could have been there. Hope I can make it to the show in Essen/Germany. Looking forward to X1000 !!!

greetings gerograph

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Mikey_C

Yes, the Mansion only had a couple of smaller rooms, and the other Bletchley Park buildings already had things to show (the coding machines exhibition etc.). As I said, I enjoyed the event, and surely have no hard feelings towards the ANT. It's just that the marquee came as a surprise.

It was nice talking to you there.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3)