Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
142 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 141

eastone, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: Betatesters wanted
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@orgin

Database insertion is working correctly now.
Good job.

Bye,
TMTisFree

"Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence." (Napol?on Bonaparte)
"I would love to change the world, but they won?t give me the source code." (Unknown)
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@TMTisFree

Good, thanks for testing :)

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@orgin

First, well done so far.. secondly, some suggestions questions:

1) Hows the donation amount and it's original value calculated? Amount = rounded_down(Original - PayPal-Fee) ?

2) I like the idea of a bounty pool... i.e. donars may subscribe to a monthly donation plan or do one-time donations to that pool and once a month the pool is distributed across the bounties.. maybe according to popularity of each bounty or something..

3) Maybe the bounties should get some sort of progress indication, where the assigned developer(s) can tell people how far the process progressed.. maybe a percentage fuel gauge with comments or something..

4) didn't check the source yet, but i hope the colors and stuff are easy to change.. at least for me the default colors (on the test site) aren't very nice..

--
Bye,
Cyborg.

AmigaOS 4 core developer
www.os4welt.de - Die deutsche AmigaOS 4 Gemeinschaft

"In the beginning was CAOS.."
-- Andy Finkel, 1988 (ViewPort article, Oct. 1993)
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Cyborg

1. Amount = the amount that actually ends up at the site's account after paypal fares. Original amount is the amount that was originally submitted before paypal fares. Both in the currency selected by the site owner. Both can use decimal values.

2. Will have to think a bit on that one. Perhaps it can be added in a 1.0+ version. For now the site owner can, for example, simply set up a project that is only used to collect donations and then move them around to 'real' projects once a month. Or perhaps more projects, each with different schemes for distributing the submitted donations. (Example, one for games, one for anything, one only for assigned projects, one for hardware and so on). And just create a few categories to separate them from the other 'real' projects. I'm trying to keep things flexible so that the site owner can use the engine in the style that (s)he chooses. Not trying to put limitations in how you can use the different facilities.

3. Each project can have a set of tasks, each with a progress field where the person assigned to a certain task can state 0-100%. I'm going to add a summery of that to each project page and perhaps also to the project listings. You can see a few tasks on this page:
http://orgin.biz/~orgin/donationsite/ ... =viewproject&projectid=12

Each project has a assignee and a set of project members, the assignee and project members can then be assigned to tasks for that project.

4. Yes the colors are easily changed, if you login as "testuser" you can select theme at the bottom left. These default themes can be changed and more themes can easily be added. Currently each theme holds definitions for all used colors, the buttons and the site logo. More things may be added later on, such as background bitmaps. I'm trying to stay away from style sheets as far as possible though so that the site looks the same in amiga browsers as in more modern ones, which means that there are no specific css class definitions that a css guru can hack into.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
0.09 available for download.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
0.10 available for download

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@orgin

And 0.11 available now for anyone interested :)

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@orgin

Is there a changelog somewhere, I mean outside the archive?

Fixed grammar.

Bye,
TMTisFree

"Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence." (Napol?on Bonaparte)
"I would love to change the world, but they won?t give me the source code." (Unknown)
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@TMTisFree

The ToDo list/page on the website.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@orgin

Ok, thx.

Bye,
TMTisFree

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin

I tried to create a user profile on your test-site an hour or so ago, but I still haven't received a confirmation email, not even in the junk-mail folder. You might want to check if the confirmation emailing system is working. Another possibility would be that hotmail has whatever server is sending the email black-listed.

Hans

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Hans

It's been reported working from other users, so most likely the email just isn't getting through.

I've activated your user manually.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin

Thanks. I'll start adding some projects to the suggested list to see how things work. If there's anything in particular that you want tested, just let me know.

Hans

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Hans

Anything I've missed ;) Just play around, get a feel for it. See what doesn't work or what could be better.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin

You seem to have most things covered. However, what decides if a project has a make a donation button or not? Only the Allegro project does, which is listed as "open." I can understand suggested projects not having it, but "assigned" projects probably should have as well.

BTW, a quick explanation of the various project status levels might be helpful. It is mostly intuitive, but it's a simple addition. One other interesting behaviour is when I click on "open" or "assigned" in the status column (after clicking on either of them in the menu on the left), it jumps to showing all suggested projects. Is this the desired behaviour?

Hans

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Hans

The donation button shows up if a project:

- is open, assigned or pending
- has the paypal buttom html code supplied by paypal entered to the donationHTML field (Only admins can do this) or if the autogenerated function is implemented by the site owner and the autodonationhtml field is set.

An explanation text for project status levels and other stuff can easily be added by the site owner. I can upgrade your account to let you test the administrative features if you want.

Good spotting the status link bug! I've fixed it now. Thanks.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@orgin

Not exactly huge interest in this it seems :)

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@orgin

I just installed your engine and it went all fine... fantastic work Orgin! *thumbsup*

Although i found some glitches:

1) The security code on registering as new user is not displayed nor checked.. probably not yet implemented?

2) after submitting a new project and trying to view the suggested projects i got
Quote:
Fatal error: Call to a member function getPath() on a non-object in /var/www/amigabounty/standardhtml.php on line 395

Which probably is a result of the non-existant categories and therefore the project is also without category id... see 3)

3) The category drop-down when registering a new project is a) useless if there aren't any categories yet and should b) get a text-field as friend to let user also suggest new categories.. and therefore c) it should maybe get a default entry "Suggested category:" or something.. at least each project should have a category and if it's just "nocategory".

4) What about email notification for admins if a new project was suggested? There should be the possibility to specify one general email address for notifications (which could e.g. be a mailing list) and for each admin a setting if he wants to receive notifications ... ok, the first one should suffice in most cases..

5) Some default contact page with basic contact form..

I'll keep you informed about my findings and suggestions so at least it's me who's interested in ;)

AmigaOS 4 core developer

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@orgin

Ok, now tried to create a category (the very first one) and got
Fatal errorCannot access empty property in /var/www/amigabounty/class_category.php on line 15

Could that be caused by the fact that there is already a bounty in the database without any category?

BTW: using 0.11

AmigaOS 4 core developer

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Cyborg

1. It is checked. When the user registers then a key is stored in the database and an email is sent to the specified email address with an activation link. When the user visits the link then the account is moved from "Not Validated" to "User". The user can however login without activating the account, but the user can't actually do anything besides log in until the account is validated. You can see the user access level by clicking "members" in the menu.

2. You missed step 8 in the installation instructions.

a. See point 2.
b. The comment field was added to let the user suggest categories and such.
c. The site admin can change category at any time. meaning that if the user selected the wrong one or requested a new one in the comment field then the admin can move it later on.

4. An admin email is set in the settings file. When I add some stuff to the settings table I'll consider adding a mechanism for configuring notifications. Though it is already possible to simply just subscribe to the RSS feed for "Recently added projects" so it might not be necessary to add the type of notification that you mention.

5. Okey, I've added that to the ToDo list.

6. Hmm that's a strange error, all that is happening on that row is that I set a field in the local class from the constructor. I'll look into it, thanks for spotting it. Which php version are you using? Accessing class members in the constructor might not be allowed in your php version.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 »