Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
94 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 92

mufa, skynet, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 »
NetSurf 3.0-dev
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
I've uploaded a test build of te latest development version of NetSurf. You can get it from the "test build" link on the AmigaOS download page at http://www.netsurf-browser.org

This fixes a couple of problems being experienced with 2.6, with frames and SSL. It also adds WebP image support and contains the new treeviews for history, hotlist and cookies.

The treeviews in particular are not well tested, I'm aware of some redraw issues. Please report any problems here.

Go to top
Re: NetSurf 3.0-dev
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Chris
Unpacking, and run without installation "netsurf" binary. IT ask me for screenmode. But imho will be cool, if by default it will be opens on the current WB screen, or, if by some reassons you want to make default are new screen, then do just "clonning" of WB screen mode. Because its a bit suck to found what mode in WB you use to choice the same in list.

Nextly, after it runs, i trying to go to prefs and change on public screen, and press USE - nothing works. I choice public screen and press USE - nothing works. So, then i press SAVE, exit, and it crashes on exit with MemGuard output (no GR), with pointing to rgt and graphics library. But machine are not lockups, so i can run the same binary again, and it runs on public screen (so, SAVE works for prefs).

In summarize:

crash on exit
USE for prefs (display) not works
by default (imho) better to open on the public screen (and if not, open new screen by cloning, without requester).

Also trying go to Youtube, and none images are loaded, and i cant press button with my accont (netsurfs say : Warning, button can not be actived!).

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

IT ask me for screenmode. But imho will be cool, if by default it will be opens on the current WB screen

+ 1

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Chris

New, full install works for me but when I try to relaunch NetSurf I have this message:

assertion "object->users != NULL" failed: file "content/llcache.c", line 1173

Snapshot window doesnt work after reboot, only in current session. Save settings works OK.
I dont know how to edit titles in the hotlist window so I have copied my hotlist from NS2.6 and it works. However playing with it causes some graphic corruption.
When I try to post in this forum only submit button works.
Pressing A+T and A+N opens new window. Any shortcut to open new tab?

CD32/A500/A600/A600+Furia/A1200/A4000D+A2320+PiccoloSD64/Sam440 flex 800MHz RAM 1GB HD7750 128MB OS4.1 SBLive! ->
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
Unpacking, and run without installation

Please, please, please use the install script. It exists for a reason.

Quote:
IT ask me for screenmode. But imho will be cool, if by default it will be opens on the current WB screen,

USE THE INSTALL SCRIPT.

Quote:

Nextly, after it runs, i trying to go to prefs and change on public screen, and press USE - nothing works. I choice public screen and press USE - nothing works. So, then i press SAVE, exit, and it crashes on exit with MemGuard output (no GR), with pointing to rgt and graphics library. But machine are not lockups, so i can run the same binary again, and it runs on public screen (so, SAVE works for prefs).

Yes, you must SAVE and EXIT for these changes to take effect. This is mentioned underneath all the options on that tab (maybe it isn't obvious enough, but that "you must save and exit" applies to EVERYTHING on that tab.

The memguard hit is something to do with gif_finalise or bmp_finalise, I'm aware of this already.

Quote:

Also trying go to Youtube, and none images are loaded, and i cant press button with my accont (netsurfs say : Warning, button can not be actived!).

It's probably a Javascript button.

Chris

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@trixie

Use the install script.

Obviously "manual install only" is too ambiguous.

Edited by Chris on 2010/10/7 20:28:37
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@mr2

Quote:
New, full install works for me but when I try to relaunch NetSurf I have this message:

assertion "object->users != NULL" failed: file "content/llcache.c", line 1173

OK, a useful report

Please can you launch NetSurf from the Shell with -v, stderr redirected to a file, eg:
NetSurf -v *>ram:ns.log

Send me ram:ns.log, or better yet go onto the NetSurf bugtracker and raise a report on there.

Quote:
Snapshot window doesnt work after reboot, only in current session. Save settings works OK.

You have to "save settings" after "snapshot window". It doesn't do it automatically as any "used" settings will get saved to disk unexpectedly.

Quote:

I dont know how to edit titles in the hotlist window

Ctrl-click the entry you want to modify. However, it doesn't make the change, I've already flagged this up. You'll find titles get updated when you run NetSurf anyway, so editing them is a waste of time (this has been flagged up also).

Quote:
However playing with it causes some graphic corruption.

I'm aware of that.

Quote:

When I try to post in this forum only submitbutton works.

The other buttons are Javascript.

Quote:
Pressing A+T and A+N opens new window. Any shortcut to open new tab?

Yes, there should be. The menu code got seriously screwed up when the new code was merged in and it looks like the shortcuts are out of place or missing in the Project menu. I'll fix this, thanks for the report.

If you hover the mouse over the main browser window and press RA+T you'll get a new tab.

Chris

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Chris

Quote:

Yes, you must SAVE and EXIT for these changes to take effect. This is mentioned underneath all the options on that tab (maybe it isn't obvious enough, but that "you must save and exit" applies to EVERYTHING on that tab.

No chance to make USE works ? I.e. you choice all what you need, press USE and it start to works at this time, without exit/save ?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@kas1e

You can cheat:
Go to the Advanced tab
Tick "do not quit when last window closed" and make sure "show in amidock" is also ticked.
Use the settings
Close NetSurf's window
Click on the icon in AmiDock
Go back to settings, advanced tab and change the two options back to what they were.

I will ge it so use works for this option at some point, just haven't got round to it.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Chris

With this and the previous version, once I visit a website and try clicking any of the links or change URL
I keep getting the message "Base Stylesheet failed to load" any ideas? I'm using OS4 classic.

AmigaOne XE G4/800 OS4.1
Amiga 4000T, CSPPC@233Mhz, mediator + OS4.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Akiko

Did you made a manual installation??

I dd get that string and it was the .info files from Resources dir i deleted, once restored/copied NS3 worked again fine.

These are the .info files from Resource/ dir:
AdBlock.css.info
amiga.css.info
default.css.info
Quirks.css.info

That was my case!!! And yes i did a manual installation

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Chris

It's good to see it's still going, Chris. I know its hard to estimate software development times, but do you know how far away the javascript engine is from completion?

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@jabirulo

Absolutely, Akiko's problem is the same as yours. I can't stress enough to use the Installer script rather than installing by hand. The .info files are there for a reason; NetSurf relies heavily on MIME types and without the icons it won't see the CSS files as CSS.

@jahc

Not until NetSurf 5. See http://wiki.netsurf-browser.org/Development_Plan
Your guess on timescales is as good as mine, but I'd say April 2013 at the absolute earliest (based on one major release every year in April)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Chris

Thanks Chris. I have installed NetSurf 3.0 (Development) graphics.library static build. Install went well with no problems.

Posting with it now.

---
redfox

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Chris

I had one crash while typing up a post on one of the amiga sites. Crashed when I hit the delete key several times to make a correction. So far I can't replicate the crash.

Other than that, this version seems to be very fast. I will keep NetSurf 2.5 as a backup, but I have already deleted NetSurf 2.6.

Thanks very much,
redfox

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Chris

I still get a crash (grey screen, lockup, even mouse pointer doesn't move) with this Netsurf on the following site:

MyCokeRewards

I did a fresh install of the cairo version. The crash doesn't seem as bad as before as I can now use the 'three fingered salute' to reboot. I believe I had to power off before.

One minor nit-pick. Is the program icon not included with the last two versions? I had to download V2.5 for an icon.

Thanks for your efforts.

'non fixed' A1XE, USB card, Sil 0680 IDE, 512mb RAM, Radeon 9250, OS4.1 Update 5
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@RacerX

Works here. Try setting no_iframes:1 in Resources/Options.

The program icon is installed by the Installer script. If it isn't then I'd like to see an Installer log file.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e Quote:
No chance to make USE works ? I.e. you choice all what you need, press USE and it start to works at this time, without exit/save ?

I guess ChrisY needs to do the same thing as I did for PictureAlbum, which is it effectively quits when you click "Use", but then it restarts again (in about the same state).

Wasn't too bad to do for PictureAlbum, it being a nice simple program that was already designed to save it's state on exit, but I guess might be more of a pain for a complex program like NetSurf.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Chris

Nice work. "Part-Cairo" installed here and it works well on amingans.net.

Looks nice, works fast!

Paul

Builder of Frankenthousand The monster A1000
The Young Frankenthousand A1-XE G4
X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Chris

I have installed the 3.0-dev version and am sorry to say that it shows the same behaviour it did with the old version i tried before

When i open web.de NS opens an empty window in the size of the program window right on top of NS and completely dead-locks the whole machine

Other websites are by far more useable and feels faster too than the old version i tried, but it's unuseable for me due to the dead-locks on certain sites

Anyway, keep on, i'll keep an eye on this space

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 »