Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
73 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 73

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Tornado on OS4
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH and all

I hope you can help me getting an old favourite 'Tornado' working, when I try to run it I get a screen switch to a lo-res Workbench screen with a long string of output 'Unknown command, no lock-ups no freezes just nothing afterwards except some sounds!

SAM 460 with 2GB or RAM, 1000GB HD, 4 port SATA, DVDRW drive and Radeon HD 4650 GFX card.
Go to top
Re: Tornado on OS4
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Just drag the exe of Tornado on your RunInUAE icon (in AmiDock) otherwise it will try to launch from OS4 and will crash.

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Quote:
Just drag the exe of Tornado on your RunInUAE icon (in AmiDock) otherwise it will try to launch from OS4 and will crash.

Are you saying it'll run without the doggle on os4?

Look, only one leg, count em, one!
X1000/PA6T@1800MHz/2Gb/Radeon 4850

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@sundown

It does if you use a cracked exe with the dongle checks removed (IIRC there was someone who had one).

Personally I think no-dongle/cd/dvd patches are Ok to use if you bought the game/program. I mean why should you have to suffer this kind of bullshit just because you're an honest customer and not a pirate?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@sicky
Is Tornado on ADF disk images, a WHDLoad HD installed version, or was it HD installed without WHDLoad? (It sounds like the latter? In which case please send me a copy of the file you are double-clicking to start it. Preferably ZIPed or LHAed to save space.)

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@K-L

Quote:

That's the first thing I trie but just doesn't work at all! Just switches to lo-res Workbench screen with output stating 'Unknown command'

SAM 460 with 2GB or RAM, 1000GB HD, 4 port SATA, DVDRW drive and Radeon HD 4650 GFX card.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I have tornado3d original and it works fine on my Amiga1200 with OS4.1 (yes it's slow but it works)

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@salass00

Quote:
I mean why should you have to suffer this kind of bullshit just because you're an honest customer and not a pirate?

Yes I do have a copy I bought the day it came out, still here sitting in box with manual on floppy disks! I am not a pirate.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH

Mail sent

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@sicky
From what you sent, Tornado is a simple WHDLoad installation. As such it *should* work out-of-the-box with RunInUAE. That it does not suggests there is something very wrong with your installation of RunInUAE. (Your earlier problems also suggests this!)

As the "debug backup" of your RunInUAE installation doesn't provide any clues, I am *really* hoping that you will bring it along to the next ANT meeting, so that I can see what on earth is wrong with (RunInUAE on) your system.

If you were not able to visit ANT, then I *would* have suggested that you UNinstall RunInUAE (using the provided uninstall program), reboot, and then reinstall it again. *BUT* I want to see first-hand what has gone wrong, so that I can prevent it from happening to anyone else. So please do NOT uninstall (yet, anyway).

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Sicky

Did you mean the game "F1 Tornado" or the 3D software "Tornado3D" ?
The demo version of Tornado3D works under OS4 here...

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Elwood

I mean 'Tornado' the 1993 flight sim

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Oh, I see (here)
Seems a nice game.

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
There is/was an AGA version of Tornado which didn't require a dongle to run.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@slcroucher

Quote:
There is/was an AGA version of Tornado which didn't require a dongle to run.

Thats the one I have here that I bought in 1993

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@All

I have Tornado working now thanks to ChrisH and Saimo, they gave me lots of help...... which I need after returning from some time away, forgot so much!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
The next release of RunInUAE (r7) will contain a fix that will prevent anyone else having the (very wierd & probably rare) problem that was preventing Sicky's RunInUAE from playing any games.

It will also contain improvements related to the custom low-res screenmodes, which causes problems on Sam460s with RadeonHD cards.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH

Quote:
The next release of RunInUAE (r7) will contain a fix that will prevent anyone else having the (very wierd & probably rare) problem that was preventing Sicky's RunInUAE from playing any games.

Trust me to have something weird happen, other people might have sussed it out!

Quote:
It will also contain improvements related to the custom low-res screenmodes, which causes problems on Sam460s with RadeonHD cards.

Cool looking forward to trying it

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Shame it runs so slow, about 1 FPS making it unplayable, but gave me happy memories lol

Go to top

Register To Post