Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
138 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 137

Firetail, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
Pinball game on OS4 SOLVED
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hi All

I want to play pinball on my SAM460 running OS4.1.4 and don't seem to be having any luck, I downloaded the Pinball Dreams demo and running UAE all I got was sound! Any ideas?

Others I tried I got lock-ups or GrimReaper that's all!

Edited by sicky on 2012/5/31 22:59:35
SAM 460 with 2GB or RAM, 1000GB HD, 4 port SATA, DVDRW drive and Radeon HD 4650 GFX card.
Go to top
Re: Pinball game on OS4
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Have you tried RunInUAE? it takes the difficulty out of doing this

http://cshandley.co.uk/runinuae/

http://os4depot.net/index.php?functio ... tion/utility/runinuae.lha

*edit*

it should already be in contributions as you have AOS4.1u4

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@derfs

Yes I have runinuae installed by default, just cant get Pinball Dreams to run correctly, I get GR and skip that then get a blank grey screen! Any ideas?

SAM 460 with 2GB or RAM, 1000GB HD, 4 port SATA, DVDRW drive and Radeon HD 4650 GFX card.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:
I get GR and skip that then get a blank grey screen! Any ideas?

It sounds like you do NOT have RunInUAE running in the background, so Workbench isn't patched, and thus OS4 tries to run Pinball Dreams rather it being redirected into E-UAE.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ChrisH

I reported this months ago, but my mind forgets. Did you issue a patch for the SAM460ex? I remember reporting it to you that -because there is two graphics card in the machine it picks up the on-board graphics board first and uses it instead - hence why Sicky can't see the graphics - just hears the sound.

I use WHDLoad (or rather RunInUAE fires it up I believe) rather than running ADFs directly.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ sicky

As per your thread over at aw.net, just run the simple helper on glUAE's website and enjoy

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@sicky

Just to make sure you don't miss it, I'm posting this here as well...

I just created released the Pinball Dreams helper for you
Now getting the game installed and ready to run is a matter of answering a few simple questions once and for all - after that, you'll be able to run the game anytime the way you prefer (Workbench, AmiDock, shell, menu, whatever).

Detailed step-by-step guide:
1. go to the HELPERS page on the glUAE website;
2. download the Pinball Dreams helper;
3. unpack the helper anywhere;
4. launch the installer;
5. answer the questions.

You can repeat the installation as many times as you want, to find the settings that best suit you. Once the game is installed, you can get rid of the helper.

Requirements: curl, LhA and UAE. If you don't have glUAE installed, the installer with download and install it automatically (in that case, you'll be asked a few more questions).

Feel free to contact me for questions or feedback.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Pinball Dreams? Pah!!!

Gimme Stones and Bones anyday - best of the lot!!!
(Pinball Fantasies)

Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Mikey_C

If you really want the best, then go for Slam Tilt

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@All

I have tried everything everyone has suggested with no success, so shall try and get it sorted next time I go to ANT meeting and let ChrisH have a look and see what is going wrong!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Mikey_C
@saimo

SlamTilt, absolutely brilliant, my favourite Pinball game ever. The response of the others seemed a bit cuinky after playing SlamTilt.

However, the best individual table IMHO has to be Stones 'n' Bones from Pinball Fantasies.

So you are both right

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@BillE

After discovering each and every little secret of ST's tables (many years ago) and scoring 10+ billion points on each of them, I have no doubt that ST's tables are by far more complex and richer than any table found in PD, PF and PI. From a technical and design point of view, ST is on a level of its own.
That said, of course personal preferences are a different story

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Pinball Fantasies: Speed Devils my favourite.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@all

I just wanted to inform you that, while helping sicky, an idea occurred to me to make helpers deal also with the case whereby the UAE configuration file is not found or corrupt; also, I've fixed a minor bug and made some other minor improvements. All helpers have been re-released now. And, while at it, I thought I'd also add an helper for Pinball Fantasies (Pinball Illusions might follow, but it's not 100% sure yet.)
Everything is available for free from the HELPERS page of the glUAE website.
Enjoy!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@all

For completeness sake, now I have created also a helper for Pinball Illusions. Have fun!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@djrikki Quote:
I reported this months ago, but my mind forgets. Did you issue a patch for the SAM460ex?

The next release of RunInUAE (r7) will better handle RadeonHD cards used on the Sam460 (and X1000), and so should avoid this problem.

Quote:
I remember reporting it to you that -because there is two graphics card in the machine it picks up the on-board graphics board first and uses it instead - hence why Sicky can't see the graphics - just hears the sound.

I think you are wrong. The ACTUAL problem is that the added screenmodes (320x240/etc) don't work correctly on RadeonHD cards, meaning you get screenmodes that the monitor cannot display. My solution is to detect a RadeonHD card, and avoid adding those screenmodes in that case (and instead default to 640x480).

MANUAL WORK-AROUND: From RunInUAE's menu choose "Settings > Set default screen size to > 640x480".

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@sicky Quote:
shall try and get it sorted next time I go to ANT meeting and let ChrisH have a look and see what is going wrong!

I hope that I can see your non-working installation, so that I can see exactly what is going wrong, and hopefully fix it (including for everyone else, if it is something I can automatically handle).

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH

Quote:
I hope that I can see your non-working installation, so that I can see exactly what is going wrong, and hopefully fix it (including for everyone else, if it is something I can automatically handle).

Lets hope we can get it sorted, really want to play pinball on my Amiga now lol

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@All

Is the problem really RunInUAE or just the version of UAE Sicky uses?

Sicky, is your UAE 4450496 bytes in size? And if you run it in a shell, does it say:
E-UAE 0.8.29
Build date: Jul 30 2011 03:59:51

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@sicky Quote:
Lets hope we can get it sorted, really want to play pinball on my Amiga now lol

Did you try my 640x480 work-around (shown in bold in a previous post)? It won't fix DSIs, but it should fix black screen problems.

EDIT: It seems not

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »