Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 105

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3)
Re: Zombies 3D for AmigaOS 4 coming ?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Rogue

Glad to see the development still goes on on OS4 despite the current situation
Hope all will be clear again and OS4 can reach the resellers soon.

Good luck and thank you to you and all the OS4 developpers who made this real : we owe you much. Thanks also to your wives if ever for their patience.

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Rogue

I can imagine. :)
It was not directly aimed at you, more me thinking out loud, hoping that someone would read it and check it out. :)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@mailman

It's probably best for them to work on one project at a time. You don't want them releasing both products and turns out they're rubbish.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@BOTX

Plus it is better to work on porting a cross platform program than one that targets DirectX.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Rogue

You and your brother are famous and really, really tallented and known for your work..... I wish that there where loads of you for both writing AOS 4 and writing games. You got the right vision for AOS and en excelent taste when it comes to games. However, I would choose to let you (if I was in charge) develope AOS, because you really are Amigans at heart. I do miss your portings of games though but if someone mess up AOS I would go so it must come first. Games I can play at a console, PC (with Windows) and whatever....

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@spotUP

Quote:

spotUP wrote:
@Rogue

i tried to compile cmake a while ago. i think it was paragui that used it in it's latest version. i think i managed to get it 80/90% compiled, and then came some platform specific code, and I was clueless. not meaning that it a tough port though. :) i'd like to see it ported, and scons too.
it would be nice if they would become part of the SDK.

Either of these would definitely be preferable to Automake and Autoconf. Since we already have Python, Scons should be easy to implement.

I recently tried to install the Agar 1.2 GUI for SDL and, even under Windows, it was difficult to build from the ./configure script. That was even under the MSYS environment (the environment that the author had originally used to make the Windows port) and since it had already been ported to Windows the source was officially supported. I shudder to think how ABC shell would hold up trying to build Agar from the ./configure script.

Now that I have the original source code and makefiles for the latest beta release of Agar (the only release that works with SDL 1.2.10+) I'll probably work on getting things in order without using configure scripts anymore, if possible. Since Agar is written in C rather than C++ like ParaGUI, I'd really like to use Agar in Mattathias Basic's SDL version.

@hotrod
AmigaOS 4 would be nothing if it weren't for the existing build environment. Without software there is no way that AOS 4 will succeed.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Samurai_Crow

Great that you are working on Agar! Keep us updated on your progress!
I had a stab at it a while ago myself, i managed to configure it from abc-shell with some tweaks I think, I don't remember what went wrong, it probably required some actual code heh ;)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@spotUP

re:Agar

Well, I know right now that the file selector wouldn't work on AmigaOS due to it being unaware of Amiga paths. There are some features that don't work without OpenGL. And, lastly, it tries to build the manpages even if you tell it not to.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Samurai_Crow

linking with -lunix doesn't work i guess?

what errors do you get with the man pages?
that should be easy to fix.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@spotUP

My solution to the man pages problem was to run "make install" on each directory individually (except the demos directory, which has its own configure file). That installed the .a files in the include directory. After copying the libraries to Cygwin's equivalent path, I was able to make the man pages on Cygwin to refer to. Now I can view man pages in Cygwin and compile Agar demos in MSYS.

I may just use the Windows makefiles to build on the Amiga rather than use the configure script. How far did you get when you tried to build on ABC shell?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
This is what you can read on proostsoftware.com now:

(it's a horrible flash-site)

"24/06/2007 Amiga dev ceased
Whe have received hate mails, and read several Amiga forums claiming Zombies was a hoax! This news is a shock for us, and
many people should understand that racer & MDK are free projects! Whe are a small company and our 2 PC projects are prior to all! The Amiga ports have been in progress because
some people at Proost software have Amiga roots.
However if this damages our company name, whe have no
other choice! Racer have made some good progress
for Amiga if someone wants the project mail us...."

I think this must be a bad joke.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Proost Software

If some of you have Amiga roots, then they should have known how many times Amiga community has been promised things which never came to reality.
As such an advise I would say to anyone wanting to do something for Amiga (be it a Software or an Hardware project) is not to announce anything (i.e. work on it quietly) until you have something tangile to show, in order to demonstrate your implication, a downloadable demo for a software project, a public demo of functionning prototype for an hardware project.

Back on subject I find it sad to hear you stop Amiga dev, I would have welcomed Racer, even if I'm not a great gamer. I'm not sure how announcing two projects and having them dropped in less than 1 month (be it on Amiga or not) would affect your company name, especially about the project managing... On the other hand I don't see how Amiga forum and Amigans emails can affect your company name : nobody outside this community cares about our minds and thoughts. Also the best way to get your company name cleaned and worshipped would have been to go on and demonstrate wrong to every septics.... Too bad

PS: I'll tell it again I think the fact your ceasing development will hurt your company more than the Forums and emails you've received. Let's take an example : I'm a potential investor, or Win game buyer, what I'll do first is to search what your reputation can be and how good are your projects. To do this I'll google your name, no doubt Google will output some Amiga forums, but as an average Win user I won't even care about this (I don't even know what on earth an "Omega" could be , however I'll find some YouTube clips, I know very well YouTube and also trust it. Viewing those clips, I'll suddenly realize that an "Omega" is in fact a computer, that you announced to develop two projects for it in less than 1 month, and in this same 1 month you dropped both of them... Not good, if you would asked me...

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
The Zombie was canceled??? Uh, I did not notice, naah.

And what about the Racer? Same destiny I would assume. Even the website doesn't work now http://proostsoftware.com/

Damn hoaxes

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@AmiKit

What about this games?

Will it be released by someone or for the age of something new?

Will it be released Racer by Proost software or not?

Come on give us something

Good-bye Proost Software I think oh no?!!!

Anger

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Let's hope to see something new and powerful for us.

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MamePPCA1
Ummm, this thread is 6 years old.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Proost was a hoax.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3)