Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
126 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 125

afxgroup, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Finding SObjs for Lunaroid - Not on OS4Depot
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Good evening,

I'm trying to find out how or where I can find the SObjs for Lunaroid that I am missing in my SObjs dir. I found some of them on 0S4Depot, but they are SDK releases that have no binaries compiled. I would love to know what I can use and how to use it, to compile down these libs on OS4.1, but simply a url where I can download the following libraries are fine:

1) libSDL_ttf.so
2) libSDL_mixer-1.2.so
3) libmpeg-0.4.so

I greatly appreciate your help, and please excuse my lack of knowlege, I'm new to OS4.

Go to top
Re: Finding SObjs for Lunaroid - Not on OS4Depot
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
The SDK releases have the .so binaries. Just copy the .so into the same directory as the program executable (best to leave sobjs: alone).

There may be issues if a program was compiled a long time ago and the libraries on OS4Depot are newer with different filenames, hence I prefer to link everything statically when I port programs and games.

I see that libSDL_ttf.so may be an issue there. SDL_ttf relies on freetype, but the newer SDL_ttf has a different library name, and freetype probably does too. Sometimes you can get away with making a copy of the newer library and naming it the same name as the older one, if the API itself hasn't changed, although that's obviously not ideal.

Also be aware that any .so may itself have dependencies. Unfortunately OS4 will crash if dependencies are missing, but fortunately it will tell you which one it needed. You can read the .so in a text editor and near the beginning of the file, you can see which other ones it references. I'm pretty sure there's a more "proper" way to do that :)

Also, I think you meant libsmpeg, not libmpeg,

May be easier to re-compile Lunaroid.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MickJT

If SDK is installed, there should be a shell tool called readelf. Readelf -d lib.so should show the dependencies if I remember correctly.

There is also a shell tool called ListDynDeps (or something similar). This crashes for me though (bug reported).

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Thanks. I knew there was something like that available :)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thanks guys, this info has been most helpful! I just overlooked the SO in the SDK release; there are many files to sort through.

-A1200 w/ Blizzard 1230 - 128MB FastRam
-X5000 1TB SSD HD - 16GB RAM
Go to top

Register To Post