Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
INDIEGO! App Store for AmigaOS3.x/4.x first glimpse
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Statuts update:

http://youtu.be/Pi0bRoLzlQQ

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

" { } " shows missing translation.

Go to top
Re: INDIEGO! App Store for AmigaOS3.x/4.x first glimpse
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Is it writen in hollywood or C ? I mean, will be it slow like hell on something like 600mhz sams while should be not ? :) I not against hollywood, but all apps which done on it without muiroyale always slow on rendering. On video i even see that its jerky in few parts. And i assume video done on some fast x86, so.. So its hollywood ?:)

Where i can download os4 binary to test so we will know what it will be ?

Also that effect on background for sure will slow things down, except, if it all not done on C by some skilled coder who can do fancy realtime effects and can optimize them more.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi,

yes Hollywood is "slow" but the video looks more worse than it is.
The problem is really that i have updated my mac to 10.9 ... it was 10.5 originally.

10.6 was great.. this was the time i made all my Broadway and AEROS videos running in Virtualbox... since 10.8 i do no long videos anymore because it is slow and jerky. There is no option to reduce quality.. it is alway at max. Which is too much for my machine.

The client can scale down. Disabling background animation and other fx. Also running in in fullscreen improves quality.

This project was about using synergy : )
Seems i am to optimistic and there is not much synergy possible between camps...

As noted before:
The Server API is documented and if someone likes he could do a own client accessing the same library.

In a few days you can try it from www.a-mc.biz/igo
I have a SAM@733 will do a cam video.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Another app store on Amiga!? Why? Surely this will simply lead to confusion? Jack store, Amistore, Indiego. Definitely two too many.

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi,

this one differs a bit and is as long in development as Amistore if not longer.

Difference:
- Free hosting
- It offers music, movies and magazines as well
- It works on AROS, MorphOS, Mac OS X, Linux and classic AmigaOS and Raspberry Pi as well.
- it offers software for more than 40 Platforms

It handles also updates and we will introduce a platform independent package system.

You can easily code once and reach all target platforms at once.
This enlarges the potential market.

Jack store for example could be enhanced to access the Server as well.
And distributions who will include the store will participate from revenues (as long they are positive : ) )

I gave the option to work together and still ofer it passively because of the 2 points above.

So as i see it there is no problem.
Jack could include it. Amistore is just for AmigaOS 4.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hollywood is only slow if the coder don´t know how to do things right! There is hardware-accelerating support in hollywood but you have to know surely how it works.

Don´t blame the Language, blame the coder!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@fingus
Show me plz any hollywood based app, which do render a lot of data, flying text, scrollbars and stuff and do it fast. I don't see any. All attempts i see, always show that it slow there and there. Will be happy to be wrong someday, but till today it seems that we should blame all coders who do stuff on hollywood ? I don't mean of course small static apps, which don't handle a lot of data and operate with. I mean all those AMC, Jack and whatever i ever tried.

Probabaly on hollywood can be done better, but i don't see any good example of "big" app. I mean big, not static one with one single screen and few ticks. Just something heavy. Can point out on any ?

Quote:

There is hardware-accelerating support in hollywood but you have to know surely how it works.

I am somehow sure its not everywhere used, and there is parts which don't use it (text rendering probably and some other area?).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@fingus No there is no HW Acceleration. Only on ANDROID you can force it by the OS.. but it doesn't help.

Because of this we switched for indieGO!-OS to something else which again doesn't work on AROS, AmigaOS and MorphOS.

In the video are fx on mass which could be deactivated. Simply as that. Apple simplifies as well.

There are textes rotating, bars flying in from left to right, a moving background, alpha, rounding of edges and more.. some not even really visible (but when you disable you see the difference: ) )

So i did a test on my SAM733.
First! With transparency enabled i can not move any workbench window without stuttering above of 1024x768x32bit. This is normal "for me".

So we all now a SAM is slow.
The alpha i tested is the same as shown in first video running on a Macbook.
Same FX, nothing deactivated, no fullscreen. Same stuff.

I find it already "usable". With some FX reduced or disabled it will work instantly and i think in any resolution. I see no problem.

As it is "now" it would work slow. It will change. Problem solved : )

Video will be uploaded asap.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
1. Nothing may ever? be released again that is as SWEET as AMOS Professional. ((( Absolutely BY FAR a computer programming language that ANYONE can learn! THE BEST LANGUAGE EVER ON THE BEST COMPUTER EVER MADE BY HUMANS! (Even that ibm computer on Jeopardy is a "hunk of junk" compared to Amiga, as in, who the heck is buying ibm (anything) for their home?)

2. I've seen some Blitz BASIC programs.... I CAN NOT learn that.

3. I've tried using ChrisH's Amiga E... Not able to use it at all. (Sorry Chris, as you have done GREAT THINGS for the new Amigas, no doubt about that.)

4. I bought the FULL package of Hollywood. It isn't easy to use. There was this, I think LAYERS command, and when I got to layer 5 or 6, with TRIVIAL amounts of text in the first 4 or 5 layers before it, my AmigaOne got REAL SLOW! Yes, yes, I compiled my program. And by trivial, I mean each layer had like 250 bytes of text each. Also, for the life of me, I wasn't able to figure out a way, when I erased a layer, to keep track of the new number sequence as each higher number dropped one unit. What I mean is, because they didn't have unique names, I couldn't print to the correct layer. And, I am using an AmigaOne XE, 800 MHz with 2 Gigs of RAM. I am not using a 9200 or 9250, however. I'm using the, I think, Radeon 7000 video card, that they came with originally?

Support Amiga Fantasy cases!!!
How to program: 1. Start with lots and lots of 0's. 10. Add 1's, liberally.
"Details for OS 5 will be made public in the fourth quarter of 2007, ..." - Bill McEwen
Whoah!!! He spoke, a bit late.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Atheist
You are free to use AMOS. We can put your stuff in containers which work on other platforms as well (emulated). Works with fullscreen software on any platform.

Here is the shown alpha unoptimized running on my SAM733.

http://youtu.be/KoImNkOcoY0

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Thanks for the in depth explanation. One thing though iirc Amistore is also for AmigasOS 3.x

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@phoenixkonsole

Quote:
@fingus No there is no HW Acceleration. Only on ANDROID you can force it by the OS.. but it doesn't help.

Hollywood most certainly *does* use HW acceleration on AmigaOS (all versions). IIRC, it even uses CompositeTags() on AmigaOS 4.x for some things. Not everything is HW accelerated, though; some effects just can't be HW accelerated with existing APIs.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Ok, just lost a long post about the defence of Hollywood. I don't want to write it again...

So there could be annoying softwares written in other language too. (Odyssey - C, Webserver - C, Website - PHP, don't know which I could blame)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hollywood users should learn to refrain the usage of some cheap but costly functions/effects when it is not neccessary or doesn't do it's job well.

However it is hard to resist sometime. :)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@lazi
Again... we can disable/reduce effects.

Here is another try at 1080p on a SAM733 with a window (borderless). With all effects "on" as previously shown:
http://youtu.be/Ol7BUp2jTBQ

Here is the same running on a 667MHZ EEEPC and Broadway EEEPC Edition:
http://youtu.be/qGpz5l4pt5I

Resolution matters ; )

Well and maybe ATIHD is better suited for 2D nowadays.

a "no fx"- option will solve any problem for low spec HW.

@Hans
Am i correct when I assume that ATI HD driver performs better for 2D related stuff? I have a HD PCI card laying around but i didn't try it yet because of missing 3D

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@lazy
Quote:

So there could be annoying softwares written in other language too. (Odyssey - C, Webserver - C, Website - PHP, don't know which I could blame)

Could't resist too: I.e. odyssey are annoing software and it is writen on C, so it is example of bad program done on C ? I mean, ibrowse, aweb, qweb, netsurf, old owb, timberwolf : not annoing, but odyssey are annoing ? Or all browsers annoing as done on C ?:)

I have an idea: maybe writen on hollywod browser will be better ?:) We just need no use few functions, but just others, which is accelerated, and all will be fine ! Hm, something to think about ! (face and palm). I imagine scrolling of pages and .. and facepalm

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
in the rest of the world classic C is used only for particular things.. there are a lot of other languages that are used for normal software.. and strange to say but they are however fast....

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e:

You misundertood me. I'd like to show that it is pointless to blame e.g. C or other languages about bugs, and blame Hollywood to be used for a task which is not fit for it.
Hollywood has potential for several tasks, but not for everything. The easy learning curve, the fast results, the platform independency surely has some price.

And don't forget that it is possible to implement functions via plugins written in pure C which are runs as fast as other C code. Hollywood is a great playfield for wannabe programmers, so you may not see the full capabilities of the languge yet.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@phoenixkonsole

Quote:
@Hans
Am i correct when I assume that ATI HD driver performs better for 2D related stuff? I have a HD PCI card laying around but i didn't try it yet because of missing 3D

That depends on which Radeon HD card, and what is being rendered. HD cards are faster overall including 2D performance (just look at the GfxBench2D results), but slower with filling/blitting hundreds of tiny individual items. PCIe HD cards are usually faster with blits/fills larger than 32x32 pixels, and are simply faster all round with compositing.

PCI Radeon HD cards suffer from slow data transfers to/from the card. This slows down CPU-based rendering, and means that blits/fills are slower up to around 128x128 pixels. Even compositing tiny 32x32 pixel regions becomes slower than with a typical Radeon 9xxx series card.

You can look at GfxBench2D results for just the Sam440 here. Clicking on the "show raw data" links will show the performance numerically, allowing you to closely compare them.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@phoenixkonsole

As a classic and AmigaOS4.1 user I'll be happily supporting this new Amiga based App Store especially if it will support the Amiga Coin

mancave-ramblings

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »