Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
98 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 98

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 4 ... 36 »
BSzili port requests
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hello amigans!
I originally registered to get a few facts right regarding my ports, and now here I am a week later, waiting for my Pegasos II and AmigaOS 4.1 copy to arrive. Whoa, thanks for everybody who donated!
For those who have no idea who the heck I am, I port various games and sometimes other programs to AROS and MorphOS. My repertoire is about to expand with AmigaOS 4. My question is: what ports would you like to see from me? You can check out my website to see what I've ported to AROS and MOS, those will take less time than doing one from scratch. Of course anything goes, but is has to be open source for obvious reasons. Also make sure that no one else is working on a port of the game/program you suggest. Requests by those who donated have higher priority

These have been suggested so far:

feasible ports:
Unknown Horizons, Speed Dreams, Megaglest, TORCS, Aliens vs. Predator (1999), EDuke32, Odamex, Dream Chess, RTTR, uHexen2, kas1e's list, Transmission Qt, OpenCeasar3, Homeworld, Vega Strike.

unfeasible ports:
VDrift, Rigs of Rods, Lips of Suna, The Dark Mod, AstroMenace, Zero Ballistics, Terasology, Pseudoform, falltergeist, Pioneer, Freeorion, Oolite, 0. a.d.

on the fence:
DarkPlaces (Xonotic, Transfusion, Force: Leashed), Cube 2, M.A.R.S., STK

Edited by BSzili on 2013/10/27 18:05:46
Edited by BSzili on 2013/10/27 18:06:49
Edited by BSzili on 2013/10/27 18:07:19
Edited by BSzili on 2013/10/27 20:34:17
Edited by BSzili on 2013/10/27 20:36:53
Edited by BSzili on 2013/10/28 12:25:04
Edited by BSzili on 2013/10/29 9:39:00
Edited by BSzili on 2013/10/29 21:13:07
Edited by BSzili on 2013/11/19 20:58:23
Edited by BSzili on 2013/11/26 15:53:22
Edited by BSzili on 2013/12/5 8:09:02
Edited by BSzili on 2014/2/17 20:44:57
Edited by BSzili on 2014/5/3 14:58:49
Edited by BSzili on 2015/4/9 21:26:36
Edited by BSzili on 2015/4/11 16:39:28
Edited by BSzili on 2015/4/16 12:55:02
Edited by BSzili on 2015/4/21 7:31:36
This is just like television, only you can see much further.
Go to top
Re: BSzili port requests
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@BSzili

goodness! we certainly seem spoilt for choice here. i'm a huge fan of single-player first-person shooters, so i suppose my #1 request would be porting the darkplaces engine. thereafter i'd love to see platformers like cave story and any racing games like TORCS.

but basically i'd just like to thank you for joining the community and adding your talents. it's hugely appreciated, as are the donations from so many to make it happen.

-- eliyahu

"Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. When the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal."
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@BSzili

What you wanna port from beginning is good
everything will be a good , and frash air for us :)

Alien vs predator in collaboration with Kas1e
and RTCW or ioDoom3 will be great poring

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi,

You should start with the easiest for you. I hope you'll like working on AmigaOS.

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
How about my suggestion of eDuke? Point of eDuke is not a because of duke 3d, it is three additional games wich would came possible. NAM/Napalm, WWII GI and Redneck Rampage

NAM/Napalm and WWII GI, eDuke supports them directly.

http://www.jonof.id.au/build.games/nam
http://wiki.eduke32.com/wiki/Building_EDuke32_on_Linux

Erampage is modified from eDuke, so after eDuke, eRampage would be piece of cake.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redneck_Rampage
https://code.google.com/p/erampage/wiki/MainPage

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@eliyahu
Huno has a finished, but not yet released port of NX-Engine.

@tlosm
A Huno is working on an RTCW port. Doom3 is beyond the capabilities of the current OS4 machines.

@utri007
An eduke32 port shouldn't be too hard without the polymer renderer. I know about erampage, I'm a huge fan of the series. I own a boxed copy of the game and its sequel. Unfornatelely erampage32 is a bit buggy, and it's a real pain to get the expansions to work. This website has a package with updated CON files, I'll test it whether they help or not.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@BSzili

Redneck Rampage is very good game, somehow it feel different than other 3D fps games. I don't know why :)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@BSzili

ok BsZili :) i all the case i will ask Kas1e to select the first port or better work with him will be better ;) you and him will be a great squad :D

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@BSzili

More games Click on the urls to get to the homepages.

The Dark Mode

DreamChess

AstroMenace

0.A.D

Zero Ballistics

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Joeled
DarkMod is a Doom3 mod, Zero Ballistics has too high system requirements. Will check the rest later.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@BSzili

Well, first i will start with the natural one, Darkplaces and Odamex might be easier to port until you are exploring your new working machine for the first time, and for sure they will work nicely even on not so powerfull machines

A port of Darkplace eventually exists but sadly HunoPPC never finish it (it was nearly 3 years ago) and so i don't think you will not going in conflits with him with this one

Another candidate might Duke Nukem 3D, as you know this one it's already complete, still to fix the sound effects only

And, welcome to AmigaOS, hope you will enjoy the system and the community

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@samo79
In the first round I'll definitely go with games I've already worked with, I'm just doing a little market research. I remember seeing Darkplaces on Huno's site, but it disappeared with the new design, so I guess it's up for grabs again. Also the Nexuiz port uses the Darkplaces engine too, but it's too old to run Xonotic or Steel Storm for that matter.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@BSzili

A 2010 video of Darkplace under OS4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3o2Z_WCEt4

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@BSzili

Porting games is all fine and good, but in order for OS4/MOS/AROS to gain some real credibility, it would be nice if there were native productivity programs. We're in dire need of a spreadsheet and presentation package.....and yes I know about AmiCygnix but it doesn't run on MOS or AROS and it isn't truly native for OS4 either. It's an X window compatility layer.

My colleagues who have never seen classic Amigas and don't know the history behind them or NG Amigas ask valid questions when they see OS4, MOS and AROS and they invariably say, "Looks good but what can I do with it beyond vintage gaming, light word processing and some very limited web surfing?" Their points are valid ones.

Edited by ferrels on 2013/10/27 21:53:08
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ferrels
I did not say I'm only interested in porting games. AFAIK a LibreOffice is being worked on for OS4. If they opensource the port, then it can be used as a base for possible AROS/MOS ports.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@BSzili

I understand that and know you aren't excluding yourself from applications other than games, but it seems that we're always waiting for "someone else" to port productivity applications. So the net effect is that we're always waiting for the other guy to do it and it never gets done.

If I had the time and skills, I would attempt a port of GnuCalc and one or two other apps, but I don't have the time or skills. And you asked the question and I felt I had a valid answer for you.

I also don't see those who are porting LibreOffice or Firefox/Timber Wolf opening up their sources because it would hurt X1000 sales....people have already been complaining about that and this problem will continue until someone takes that to court, or at least threatens legal action.

And for business people looking for a cost effective solutions, waiting another 2+ years for LibreOffice and paying $3000 USD for the hardware is simply ridiculous.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@BSzili

thanks for asking

for my rpg tastes how's about: Dawn

racing sims: VDrift & Torcs

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@BSzili

How about if we thing this different way? Maybe we shouldn't think wich game, maybe wich kind of game would be better?

There is no sport games.
Only few car games?
Only few RPG games?
If you consider FPS/RTS wich FPS/RTS would offer something different/new to AOS?

There is no point to port 1000x Quake 2 clones

Edited by utri007 on 2013/10/28 6:04:33
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I hate FPS, we are full of those, so a car racing simulation game like TORCS or better Speed Dreams for any X1000 owner would be perfect.

To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@BSzili

i have some games you might try to port, these are free open source found in this site: www.lgdb.org/

Terasology
M.A.R.S.
freedoom
Blood (Transfusion)
Cube 2: Sauerbraten
Force: Leashed
Terasology
Quake2World
Pseudoform

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 4 ... 36 »