Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 101

TheMagicSN, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 »
Re: eDuke SDL for OS4?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tlosm
Quote:

i think with this everything will be differen (speed and source compatibility)

I do not know to be honest. On all the forum's/discussions/benchmarks i see/read on linux and other oses, gallium radeon drivers most of time suck in compare with proprietary drivers. Some time even pretty much. Of course depends on cards.

Through, i assume it still should be faster in compare with our current warp3d, but who know. Only final results can show what will come up from this.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Funny, that are the only two i decided to omit from my list because right now i was considered as "impossible"

Aniway between the two, Speed Dreams 2.0 is for sure the most interesting one, if you release it, then it will become easily the perfect toy for any kind of benchmark and betatesting, expecially under X1000 but not only there

As optimistic one day I expect to be able to use it also on my SamFlex once a proper 3D will be released for modern HD cards of course.. so yes (if not too buggy) please release it !

However if and when you have time my request still valid for that 3

They all should be playable out of the box so would be cool to have

DarkPlace
Aliens vs. Predator
Yamagi Quake II

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@samo79

Alien Vs Predator was ultra fast on a Pc 133 mhz with a Vodoo 1 ... i have it original and i know good 8)
for sure will be fast on 440 mini itx 500 mhz and on Amiga 4000/1200 PPC too

Edited by tlosm on 2013/10/17 17:48:29
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@tlosm
Quote:
ahha.. i see the glitches look like a specular bug in the second screenshot the world is up down :P :P

That is not a bug, but a workaround for TinyGL, which was unnecessarily ported over. On MorphOS glCopyTexImage2D and glCopyTexSubImage2D flips the image vertically.

@samo79
Quote:
Aniway between the two, Speed Dreams 2.0 is for sure the most interesting one, if you release it, then it will become easily the perfect toy for any kind of benchmark and betatesting, expecially under X1000 but not only there

As optimistic one day I expect to be able to use it also on my SamFlex once a proper 3D will be released for modern HD cards of course.. so yes (if not too buggy) please please release it !

Speed Dreams most likely won't be playable on a Sam. The video card doesn't matter that much, because it's a CPU bound game. These are the official requirements for x86: http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/spee ... wiki/HardSoftRequirements

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@BSZili
Do you have Aliens vs. Predator working on morphos ? I build for now aos4 version from your sources (alien_demo), with same ifdefs as __aros__ ones, and with data files from http://www.fileplanet.com/10556/10000 ... s.-Predator-%28Alien-Demo
%29

i have all the time crash in the ffreadbuf() when reading of data files happens:

Quote:

Stack trace:
(0x64B4C7B0) native kernel module kernel+0x00024250
(0x64B4C7E0) native kernel module kernel+0x00024250
(0x64B4C800) native kernel module newlib.library.kmod+0x0001d07c
(0x64B4C840) _ZN9FFHeaderI4ReadEPKc()+0x3a4 (section 1 @ 0xE7888)
(0x64B4C8D0) _ZN9FFHeaderIC1EPKci()+0x148 (section 1 @ 0xE7BF0)
(0x64B4C930) _ZNK9FFileDesc4LoadEv()+0xd4 (section 1 @ 0xE96B0)
(0x64B4C980) ffreadbuf()+0x280 (section 1 @ 0xEA5D4)
(0x64B4C9F0) CL_GetImageFileName()+0x27c (section 1 @ 0x16F54C)
(0x64B4CB80) LoadAvPMenuGfx()+0x3c (section 1 @ 0x12F88)
(0x64B4CC00) LoadAllAvPMenuGfx()+0x30 (section 1 @ 0x13094)
(0x64B4CC90) AvP_MainMenus()+0x9c (section 1 @ 0x1329C8)
(0x64B4CCC0) main()+0x230 (section 1 @ 0x2340)
(0x64B4CD00) native kernel module newlib.library.kmod+0x000020a4
(0x64B4CD70) native kernel module newlib.library.kmod+0x00002d0c
(0x64B4CF10) native kernel module newlib.library.kmod+0x00002ee8
(0x64B4CF50) _start()+0x170 (section 1 @ 0x16C)

I also add -DWORDS_BIGENDIAN (as src/md5.c use it), but that didn't help too. In logfile i have only:

Quote:

CL_LoadImageOnce(): Getting the full pathname for Menus\fractal.rim (which is a path relative to Graphics or graphics/).

I assume it still all about endians and way how data and byteswaps expected.

Edited by kas1e on 2013/10/18 8:32:10
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e
My AvP port only works on little endian targets. You can use agranlund's MorphOS port as a base: http://aminet.net/package/game/shoot/avp.src-morphos

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@BSzili
oh my god it is the 1999 Avp game?
http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Aliens_vers ... tor_%281999_video_game%29

here there are the specs (top) requied to the old original one

Hardware Requirements
System: Pentium-200MMX or equivalent
RAM:32 MB RAM
CD-ROM: 4X CD-ROM
Hard Drive Space: 64 MB
Mouse: Yes
Sound Board: Yes
DirectX: DirectX v6.0

http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/Products/PC/AvP/

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@BSzili
Quote:

My AvP port only works on little endian targets. You can use agranlund's MorphOS port as a base: http://aminet.net/package/game/shoot/avp.src-morphos

Yeah, ported this one. And while it runs fine, load menu fine, i can use settings, etc, can see all the videos, sounds works, etc, but once level should loads, its at bottom show normal gfx, but in the middle some white strips. And then , when game loads nothing visibly, nothing happens and when i press any key its all just crashes heavy with "alignment" type crash and such stack trace:

Quote:

Stack trace:
(0x65031CA0) [src/avp/game.c:427] UpdateGame()+0xa8 (section 1 @ 0x931B0)
(0x65031CB0) [src/avp/game.c:394] UpdateGame()+0x7c (section 1 @ 0x93184)
(0x65031D00) native kernel module newlib.library.kmod+0x000020a4
(0x65031D70) native kernel module newlib.library.kmod+0x00002d0c
(0x65031F10) native kernel module newlib.library.kmod+0x00002ee8
(0x65031F50) _start()+0x170 (section 1 @ 0x16C)

And lin 427 is calling to playerPherModule()

Seems fast port fail, sad :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Tested you port of Duke nukem
and...

Mate at 1080p is faster like a formula 1 machine 8)
No audio but faster faster and faster

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Any videos of this yet?

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@BSzili

Thanks for explain and welcome to Amigans.net

@kas1e

Thanks for the games port, Duke is pretty fast and stable here .. still only this harmless crash to fix and then to enable the sound effects, then it will perfect

Looking forward for Alien VS Predator, it's a cool game to have

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@samo79

Duke at 1080p is pretty unplayable because is super ultra fast have audio will be better :)
yes have the AvsP will be a fun game for our machine...

I dont understand why no one have ported the Unreal Game to Aos 4
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unreal <--- it was one of the most incredible game at that time

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@tlosm
Because unreal isn't open source, and it's probably never going to be because of Epic's policies. They are not really in favor of open sourcing their software, because they claim that unreal engine is updated incrementally. I still wonder how much code could be shared between UE1 build 266 and UE3 or the über-next-gen UE4.
The only person they have shared the source with is Smirftsch of oldunreal.com. The guy had to sign an NDA, and had to agree with some pretty strange conditions. For example he has to bundle the linux executable in the windows installer, he can't make any further ports for exaple to Mac OS X, and so forth.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@BSzili
Have you any interest if we will collect some summ, and send you let's say peg2 (so you can have normal hw with normal 3d support, where both mos and aos4 can be runs) , so you can also do your ports not only to aros/mos, but also to os4 ? At least (and imho) it will be more right , in compare if someone else will trying to report your work.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@BSzili

thanks for infos... it is a sed news because i have it original since 1999 and see it run on an Amiga like Os will be fun.

i found another great game this is in the list of open sources was great at is time

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidden_%26_Dangerous

ah i forgot i try to make run AvsP under Mos but look like it is not compatible with the Mos installer.
I have the Retail 2cd 1999 version (2nd cd is audio cd)

there is a tip for make it run what i have to copy inside the folder of the mos installer? (the cd is full of rubbish .. win setup/images/language pack and so and so)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e
Sure thing. If someone would donate me a development machine, I'd update my ports to run on AmigaOS4 too. Within reasonable limits of course, e.g. games like Doom3 are no-go on systems which support the fixed-function pipeline only

@tlosm
I know, Unreal was one of the best looking games of its time, and it would run great even on Sam-class hardware. Unfortunately the only viable option would be doing a commercial port, but good luck finding a publisher for that
For AvP you need to copy the avp_huds, avp_rifs, fastfile and FMVs directories, and the language.txt if my memory serves me right. It's probably safe to copy everything from the directory which has the original windows executable (avp.exe).
Is H&D really open source? I can't find any sign of the source being released anywhere :-S

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@BSzili
*double posted ... sorry

Edited by tlosm on 2013/10/21 13:20:06
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@BSzili

About dev makine you dont have a pegasos 2?

About H&D you are right it is freeware not Open Souces Game :(

Here i found a list of Open Source games in any case can be usefull

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_open-source_video_games

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@BSzili
Quote:

Sure thing. If someone would donate me a development machine, I'd update my ports to run on AmigaOS4 too.

Cool ! So i will organize all of this then.. Dunno if the best choice is sam or still peg2. Imho peg2, as it prove to have all the support , and have full 3D , plus it can run morphos, so its better for tests and compare on one machine always. As far as i see from all forum's posts, its about 500E now for second hand PEG2.. What you think for yourself, what will be better and easy for you to do the stuff ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

from the morphos user site a friend of mine take a complete peg2 for about 220euro shipment included for a complete system
I think for less it is been possible have it.

Yes the peg2 is the best machine for cross developing and is 100% supported :)

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3) 4 »