Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
149 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 148

TheMagicSN, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »
Re: BOH
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@saimo

Cool. SDL it's good think for sure :) Solved tons of problems for programmer who want to make somethink. Thanks for answer

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
Cool. SDL it's good think for sure :) Solved tons of problems for programmer who want to make somethink.

It's got its quirks, but surely it's a big help

Quote:
Thanks for answer

You're welcome

saimo

Go to top
Re: BOH - update2 available
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi all,

a fellow amigan (thanks, Yaroze!) experienced problems on his SAM after installing update1: more precisely, it seems that the optimizations for 3x and 4x zooming were not well digested and even caused the program to crash. The fix is included in the update2 archive that can be downloaded from the DOWNLOADS page of the website. Installing this update is strongly recommended to everybody.

On another note, has anybody tried BOH on expanded classic Amigas yet?

saimo

P.S.: for the very curious ones, yesterday Troll in the Corner published a short interview with me here.

Go to top
Re: BOH - update2 & Swedish translation available
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi again,

I'm back to announce that, thanks to Ricky Johansson (AKA Yaroze), BOH has now also a Swedish translation! It's available at the DOWNLOADS page of the website.

saimo

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@saimo

Spanihs:

2 options:

1) "Ampliar/Reducir mapa" more or less it means "Zoom in/out map"
2) "Mostrar mapa" it could be translated as "Display map"

..and well a 3rd one "Zoom del mapa" as your original "Zoom map"

your choice

BYE

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@jabirulo

Quote:

Spanihs:

2 options:

1) "Ampliar/Reducir mapa" more or less it means "Zoom in/out map"
2) "Mostrar mapa" it could be translated as "Display map"

..and well a 3rd one "Zoom del mapa" as your original "Zoom map"

your choice

Thanks a lot for the help
I'm sorry to say that your effort is kind of wasted as I was already done with the translations - I didn't mention it here because it seemed that the issue was closed: apologies.
Anyway, I had chosen the 3rd option, as the other two weren't suitable and lacked with uniformity with the other translations. So, at least you've helped checking the correctness of my translation

saimo

Go to top
Re: BOH - demo for AmigaOS available
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi all,

the AmigaOS demo is now available on the DOWNLOADS page of the website.
At the same time, the demo mission has been released also for BOH owners (downloadable from the same page).

Enjoy,
saimo

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@saimo

Its demo time.

IMHO, although it is a good idea, I would have expected in light of recent events, for your product to sell out of stock very quickly.

I mean, we need all the dev's we can get atm for our platform.

Courtesy of SAM440Flex & Amiga OS4.1 only
Flex is 800mhz
A1000 with Classic 520 Amiga OS3.2.1
AmiKit 12
MorphOS PowerBook G4 (which can play youtube vids)

https://blitterwolf.blogspot.com
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Gebrochen

Quote:
IMHO, although it is a good idea, I would have expected in light of recent events, for your product to sell out of stock very quickly.

Unfortunately, it's quite the opposite

saimo

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@saimo

Thx for making a Demo available

Sadly enough, it is definitely not my kind of game ... but still : Please keep supporting the Amiga Platform, it?s worth every Bit of it

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Fred

Quote:
Sadly enough, it is definitely not my kind of game...

No problem, no game can ever please everybody

Quote:
but still : Please keep supporting the Amiga Platform, it?s worth every Bit of it

I would love to, but...

saimo

Go to top
Re: BOH - C64 theme released
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi,

another quick note to inform you that the C64 theme is now available for download on the DOWNLOADS page of the website.

Enjoy,
saimo

Go to top
Re: BOH - first draft of the developer's manual released
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi everybody,

another quick update to inform you that the first draft of the developer's manual is now available for download on the DOWNLOADS page of the website.
At the moment it covers only the creation of missions, but the rest is already being worked on.
This release allows who wants to make his own missions to get started without having to wait any longer and, at the same time, will be useful to see what needs to be changed/clarified/added (so, please, do not hesitate to give feedback).

Enjoy,
saimo

Go to top
Re: BOH - demo re-released again
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi everybody,

I'm here once again to inform you that yet another version of BOH's demo is available.
This update brings 4 new tutorial missions and the preview of the "castle" theme.
You can download it from the DOWNLOADS page of the website as usual.

Enjoy,
saimo

Go to top
Re: BOH - missions editor released
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Dear BOH players,

I hope I'm bringing a nice piece of news to you: Mark Ashley (motorollin from Amiga.org) has just released a nice editor that allows the creation of new BOH missions! You can find all the details in his announcement on Amiga.org.
Many thanks to Mark, I hope his hard work will be rewarded with lots of new missions!

saimo

Edited by saimo on 2009/6/12 11:31:28
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi all,

just a few miscellaneous notes:

1. since yesterday an updated [url=http://www.bohthegame.com/data/developer's_manual.pdf]developer's manual[/url] is available on the DOWNLOADS page of the website - now only some in-depth explanations about sprites are missing;

2. the fact that some customers were surprised by the quality of the package (shrink-wrap, properly pressed and printed CD, glossy manual) led me to think that maybe the message wasn't clear enough, so I put a few pictures online: shrink-wrapped box, open box, CD-ROM, [url=http://www.bohthegame.com/data/user's_manual.png]user's manual[/url];

3. since few days BOH has a Facebook page, which is meant to become a connection point for discussions and updates: everybody is welcome (it isn't necessary to own a copy ).

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hello,

since the next update will allow BOH to run on Linux, can anybody please test the Linux demo (available on the DOWNLOADS page as usual)?
Moreover, also the other demos have been updated to let everybody check out the new features.

Thanks.

Edited by saimo on 2009/8/1 12:18:01
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@saimo

hi, any idea how the game runs on OS4.1 with a Sam Flex 667 system?

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@328gts

It runs fine on a 667MHz SAM if you set the game's display to Window mode or 800x600 screen. This is with the onboard gfx chip: a graphics card may give even better performance.

Regards,
Trixie

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@trixie

Thanks for the information.

@328gts & trixie

BOH's resolution is 320x240: the best choice is a screen mode as close as possible to that to avoid zooming, which requires a lot of extra power.
Make sure the screen mode has a 1:1 pixel aspect ratio (i.e. its chosen resolution should have the same ratio of your monitor).

Examples:

[monitor resolution (ratio) -> suitable modes]
* 1024x768 (4:3) -> 320x240, 640x480, 960x720, 1024x768;
* 1280x1024 (5:4) -> 320x256, 640x512, 960x768, 1280x1024;
* 1440x900 (16:10) -> 384x240, 768x480, 1152x720, 1440x900.

Of course, the smallest resolutions are recommended - f.ex., with this 1440x900 monitor I use 384x240 (thanks to the fact that AmigaOS allows to define screen modes at will).

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »