Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
173 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 173

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 »
Re: MAME @ 4.1
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Maybe wrong topic, but, can XMAME emulate 'neogeo' stuff ? I mean games like "metal slug" ?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

It does, if you have the ROMs for them.

And I expect to release a version in a timeframe of let's say next 2 weeks.

Steffen

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MagicSN

sounds GOOD!!!

nice work!!!

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Sorry for the delay in the Mame release, it was something having nothing to do with the software, but actually a health issue. Just came back from hospital a few days ago (do not worry, nothing serious, an inflammation of the appendix - everything went well, and I think in 1-2 weeks I should be back to normal again... till then I won't do any computer stuff though).

Steffen

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MagicSN

Get well soon, Steffen

We need our devs around here, desperately

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@MagicSN

Quote:

MagicSN wrote:
Sorry for the delay in the Mame release, it was something having nothing to do with the software, but actually a health issue. Just came back from hospital a few days ago (do not worry, nothing serious, an inflammation of the appendix - everything went well, and I think in 1-2 weeks I should be back to normal again... till then I won't do any computer stuff though).

Steffen

gute besserung and hope your health will be back soon...

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MagicSN

So you went to hospital and will have 2 weeks off with no coding, how bloody selfish -:)

Speedy recovery Stefan.

ace

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@acefnq

Sorry Steffen (not Stefan).

ace

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MagicSN

No problems. Take care of you and thanks for the work you made for Mame

A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+IIYAMA 17"+CD,CDRW,ZIP SCSI-KIT
SAM440EP on Mapower 3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disk Preservation Project
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I am sort of "ok" again, at least sort of.

News:

- Sent a new Mame version to my betatester. Hope to release the new version to the public next week
- This xmame OS4 version will be the LAST version.

But before you are shocked: I will work after this on a totally new Mame port for OS 4 not based on the current source.

Reasons for this step: Up to now xmame for os4 was always very close in source-code to the xmame Mame port for Linux. Sadly xmame has been discontinued. I now started on a new Mame port which is based on the recent Mame source from scratch and which probably will be much better. Especially it will be easier to update so that updates do not take years like currently

It of course will still take some time till the new port will arrive. But before this at least I will release this last xmame for OS 4 version. I started on the new Mame for OS 4 today.

I also took up contact with a guy who offered to help me with the MUI part of WarpSNES, so maybe there will be a new WarpSNES in some time as well.

Steffen

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MagicSN

Great news

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MagicSN
Dunno will i motivate you or not, but, we still have not Nintendo64 emulator :) We have emulate almost all consoles (some buggy, some not). FPSE for example are very stable and very usable. SegaMegadrive emulators not so good at all at moment (but let's their author give more time for improvement). But as far as i know, we have not any nintendo64 emulator (which are not so hard i believe (if compare for example with FPSE) , and many great games we missing becouse of it).

So, maybe you will be in interest to think about works on this kind of project too ?:))

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

You should ask about it to AmiDog, it started and emulator times ago that runned on amiga ppc...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@nubechecorre

Yeah, i remember somethink like this .. But as far as i know it was without sound, pretty buggy, cli only and so on. Looks like amidog have motivation for FPSE only :) Dunno why .. N64 games looks very closed to PS1 (like for example: Zelda, Toy Story, Banjo Kazooie, etc).

I just today play into Crash Bandicoot on FPSE, and it's looks the same like N64 games. Do not remember about CPUs (the same or not), but i think gfx/sound stuff almost the same. But i am not expert of course, only from user side.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Yes it has a lot of bugs and limitations due to the hw limitations, now with sam and amiga one or pegasos that should be no more a problem.. maybe we can set up a bounty to motivate him.. have you tried to send him an email to know if he would do a port if a bounty exists ?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@nubechecorre

Yep, We can try for sure. The same by GUI/usage as FPSE will be cool to have for N64. (btw, FPSE never crashes for me when i play in games).

Send mail him already (right now), where ask about will he works or not on N64 emulator if bounty will created, and how many he want for it

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@nubechecorre

Again bounties ??

Please stop bounty, developers are too rich

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
The problem with N64 Emulators is that most are either Binary only or the Source of the Video-Plugin (and without it is useless for commercial games) is not available. I think Amidog had the source code of one version of a video-plugin for one Emulator. Not 100% sure, but I think it was Nemu64.

The only Emulator with public source-code release for the Video Module I know of is Mupen64 (no idea how good it is).

Also most N64 Emulators use tons of Windows code (Well, mupen instead uses tons of GTK code... is there any GTK port available for OS 4, does anyone know?)

Sure, it is doable. But it is MUCH MUCH harder to port than any other emulator. Added to this, sometimes a N64 Emulator stops development, while most other Emulation projects "hold much longer".

Steffen

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@MagicSN

I have a question.. Will your new XMAME run existing games slower than the older XMAME on os4depot.net? If so, would it be a good idea to leave the 0.97 XMAME on os4depot too for people who are trying to game on their slower systems, i.e. Sams' etc?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@jahc

The speed is the same, unfortunatly that version doesn't run well on sam, there is some issue that make it very slow on sam, like on amiga 1200..

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3) 4 »