Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
189 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 187

VooDoo, geennaam, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: Jagged Alliance 2 Tester needed
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

Quote:
]If it's just a standard CAB archive you don't need any tools, XAD, and therefore SYS:Utilities/UnArc, can extract CAB archives.

Unfortunately, there are at least three different types of CAB files I know of: Microsoft CAB's, InstallShield 5, and InstallShield 6.

At least the Demo files of Jagged Alliance 2 are IS5. They cannot be extracted with UnArc, however, ToAks' unshield program can handle them. I don't know about the retail version, but I would guess that those are the same.

So it seems a PC is not required even for the Windows version

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Rogue

Good to hear. So which CAB files can and can't we decompress at this point in time.

BTW, any chance of having any of these games licensed and sold with the data files and everything in a nice package? That would be nicer than buying windows/Linux versions and then installing them on the Amiga.

@Toaks

Any chance of turning your unshield program into a XAD/XFD (I keep forgetting which one is which) decompressor?

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Hans

The JA2 files are InstallShield 5 files. I suppose that Microsoft CAB files can be extracted as well. No idea about IS 6.

Quote:
BTW, any chance of having any of these games licensed and sold with the data files and everything in a nice package? That would be nicer than buying windows/Linux versions and then installing them on the Amiga.

I don't think this will work, as the license explicitly prohibits resale.

With enough interest, I might be tempted to write an installer for the game, but for the time being I only have the Linux version.

Edited by Rogue on 2008/6/28 19:08:14
Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Rogue

Will you write the news item this time? ;)

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@orgin

Doing that right now :)

Edit: Done.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Rogue

I've been testing your port here for a few hours and it is working perfectly here. No crashes or anything.

I notice that it doesn't show the intro movie when you start a new game though? Any particular reason for this?

Now I'll just play it some more ...

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@salass00

The intro movies of the Windows version are Smacker I think. The Linux version has MPEG movies, I might add playback for that. To be honest, I haven't thought about it until you mentioned

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Hans

Quote:

@Toaks

Any chance of turning your unshield program into a XAD/XFD (I keep forgetting which one is which) decompressor?

XAD is the archive one that UnArc uses, XFD is the single-file decompressor. The clue's in the middle letter of the name!

There is some OS4-compatible sample XAD client code here if required

Chris

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
Resized Image

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@orgin

My, THAT was quick

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rogue

Cool, so it actually worked :)

gonna have to check out your installer :)

edit:hmm, there ain't a installer in the release or?.

Take my donation as a hint for a needed installer :p

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Hans

sources are included, feel free to add it if u wanna.

(i simply don't know how and most of all, my time is really limited theese days, well that is..when i am home anyway)

Edited by ToAks on 2008/6/29 1:20:56
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Rogue

Quote:

Rogue wrote:
@salass00

The intro movies of the Windows version are Smacker I think. The Linux version has MPEG movies, I might add playback for that. To be honest, I haven't thought about it until you mentioned

Do the MPEG movies play? Or is support for the cut-scenes not there yet. That's a bit of a pain that the two versions use different video formats.

@Toaks

I'll have to pass on turning your code into a XAD decompressor for the same reasons that you did. Hopefully someone with more knowledge in this area will take up the challenge.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ToAks

Quote:

sources are included, feel free to add it if u wanna.

Sources are not included, could you please upload them?

EDIT:
Just compiled unshield 0.5.1 it now seems to have a tool for crypted files.

I dont have any InstallShield CAB files, where can i found some?

EDIT:
There is a new cabextract version but i think that somebody with access to the new SDK should compile it, or we will miss the support for large (>2GB) ms-cab files it has.

http://www.cabextract.org.uk/cabextract-1.2.tar.gz

Edited by ZeroG on 2008/6/29 9:45:23
Edited by ZeroG on 2008/6/29 10:07:31
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ToAks

Quote:
Take my donation as a hint for a needed installer :p

Hehe, well yeah I am going to do that... Now I need to look around for a Wintel version... I might even have one on a cover DVD of some magazine.

Linux version is not a problem.

@Hans

Quote:
Do the MPEG movies play? Or is support for the cut-scenes not there yet. That's a bit of a pain that the two versions use different video formats.

Player code is not yet in. Yeah it's a pain, especially since the Smacker format is pretty much closed off, I don't know if public player code actually exists.

@ZeroG

Quote:
I dont have any InstallShield CAB files, where can i found some?

You can try to download the Jagged Alliance 2 demo version from FilePlanet.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ZeroG

yes, i just saw that sources wasnt included :( (i don't have the source anymore then).

sadly most stuff went lost when my hdd died , i had SDK and i had backups of it on the same hdd (u know..not that often the whole hdd dies...)

Go to top
unshield
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@ZeroG

Does unshield compile as a library? It looks like it will.

In lib/unshield.h there are some nice functions. Using src/unshield.c and the xad_rar code as references, it should be pretty easy to build a XAD client (I'm not offering btw)

Chris

Go to top
Re: unshield
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@all
Just uploaded unshield 0.5.1 to os4depot.net.

@Chris
Quote:

Does unshield compile as a library? It looks like it will.

It does compile as a library.

Quote:

In lib/unshield.h there are some nice functions. Using src/unshield.c and the xad_rar code as references, it should be pretty easy to build a XAD client (I'm not offering btw)

I might have a look at it, but right now i want to spend some time for another project.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ZeroG

is there any way to make you prioritize the lib ?

:)

@rogue

i tried to install the Windows Gold edition today, without luck... neither unsheild (my old port) nor cab extractor would do it and the whole directory set is diffrent to what was explained on FriedenHQ.

let me know if u need some cdrom content lists or whatever.

cheers

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ToAks

I'm playing the Windows Gold version here (which also includes the "Unfinished Business" expansion) so at least there is nothing wrong with the data files of this version. I did copy the files directly over from my PC install though.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 »