Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
113 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 112

daveyw, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
I now own Heretic II, it great game, but there is some problems
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I now own Heretic II, it great game, but there is some problems under OS4 update 4.

When I tried installing the installed stopped due to wrong version of Ixmul.library, so copied the demo exe files, I registered H2 and copied over the upgrade files from Hyperion.

Some time after loading the game it runs slow for 1 or tow 2 minute in software rendering and Warp3D mode, and then the game runs in full speed (no difference in low resolution or hi resolution screen modes).

I have Radion ATI RV7000, card, and on the second level there is swamp area whit lots of fog, its where hard viewing any thing but the Heretic II character, the same under water, I often switch to software render on when I have problems viewing the levels.

Is there anyway I can configure warp3d so that fog effect is turned off always?

I think the slowdown has some thing to do whit video mode sync, is there any way to change to different kind of sync?

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Re: I now own Heretic II, it great game, but there is some problems
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I can not help you but i bought this game a few days ago and
when it arrives this week i could use some help from this topic.

Waiting for the help you want ...

A1G3-SE + OS4.1 u1 iso (x2)
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
The problem is the the 3D under amiga os.. is not perfect and the swamp level is better in software render.. i played and finished the game .. and is better in software render because you can see where you go..

In hw render is more more beatiful but now it's unplayable..

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:
I have Radion ATI RV7000, card, and on the second level there is swamp area whit lots of fog, its where hard viewing any thing but the Heretic II character, the same under water, I often switch to software render on when I have problems viewing the levels.

Open up the console and try

gl_fog_broken 1

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

nubechecorre wrote:
The problem is the the 3D under amiga os.. is not perfect and the swamp level is better in software render.. i played and finished the game .. and is better in software render because you can see where you go..

In hw render is more more beatiful but now it's unplayable..

The problem is that Heretic II is a WarpOS game, not AmigaOS 4.0. Nothing to be done about it, and an OS 4 update for it is more than unlikely.

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Rogue
it runs fine in software mode here faster than my ppc1200 did in HW?mode :)

so not too worried about OS4 update

Amiga is the heart and soul of computing nothing else comes close
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

Open up the console and try

gl_fog_broken 1

I will try that

Quote:
The problem is that Heretic II is a WarpOS game, not AmigaOS 4.0. Nothing to be done about it, and an OS 4 update for it is more than unlikely.

Yes I agree, invest your time where it?s needed.
(USB, Printer drivers, Graphic drivers, OpenGL, or new motherboard support)

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

poweramiga wrote:
@Rogue
it runs fine in software mode here faster than my ppc1200 did in HW mode :)

so not too worried about OS4 update

Well it certainly depends on the graphics cards, it's a good deal faster on Voodoo and Radeon than it is on a CVisionPPC.

I even had a preliminary compile for OS 4 native, using dual texturing and other goodies, but unfortunately the port was never completed.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Rogue

I know that all of you at Hyperion have more important things to do.. ( Amiga os 4.0 and beyond ) but i'd really like to see more native games for the amiga os 4.0..

Shogo heretic II Quake 2 FreeSpace Hexen II ( Steffen Heuser told me that he never completed the porting ) and many more..

So please don't forget the game

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rogue

Please make it true, for all your fine Games native OS4 Ports...

Do you wish Paypal Donate? Send me your Adress...THX

greetings
Enrico

AmigaOne 500, 2048MB, 120GB SSD, Radeon 6570HD, OS4.1 Upd. 6
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

Zettmaster wrote:
@Rogue

Please make it true, for all your fine Games native OS4 Ports...

Do you wish Paypal Donate? Send me your Adress...THX

It is very unlikely that this happens, by all means these games are quite old now and it is hardly possible to support them for such a long time. Someone might produce a patch in his spare time, but I wouldn't count on it. I just isn't worth it anymore.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Edit: off topic

Edited by ssolie on 2006/12/15 3:52:10
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Rogue

If you don't mind me asking, what's the status on the Gorky 17 port? Will it be finished and released only once OS4 is done or?

Would be nice to have some more games taking advantage of the 3D capabilities of the A1. I'm not much into Quake but this Gorky 17 thing looks interesting.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Rogue

I'd like only to see a working ( possible ) native version for the amiga os 4.0.. i cannot play shogo and quake II freespace only has software render.. please..

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

salass00 wrote:
@Rogue

If you don't mind me asking, what's the status on the Gorky 17 port? Will it be finished and released only once OS4 is done or?

Would be nice to have some more games taking advantage of the 3D capabilities of the A1. I'm not much into Quake but this Gorky 17 thing looks interesting.

I am not entirely up to specs when it comes to Gorky 17 but from what I have heard it already runs on OS 4, but I cannot say more than that.

Gorky 17 isn't exactly a 3D wonder, I never really understood the need for 3D acceleration in a game like that which is basically a 2D game.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

nubechecorre wrote:
@Rogue

I'd like only to see a working ( possible ) native version for the amiga os 4.0.. i cannot play shogo and quake II freespace only has software render.. please..

Heretic II? I wouldn't hold my breath.

We might do Shogo at one time. I have a HW accelerated version of Freespace (and Quake 2) already, but they would need polishing and testing, both items we cannot afford right now.

Problem is that due to the tricky stuff we had to do to get some games to work decently on the rather peculiar setup of the Classic Amiga with PowerPC, getting these games to run on OS 4 more or less means porting large parts from scratch. The Heretic II port I once did still used the AHI sound from the WarpUp version, because the ahisnd.dll is so optimized to run on 68k and PPC simultaneously it really hurts.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Shogo would be nice to have running on OS4... My CSPPC isn't as stable as it should... :(

/Me, myself and A1G4!
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Rogue
Shogo would be great for OS4 if its possible one day :)

Amiga is the heart and soul of computing nothing else comes close
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Rogue
Will there be SIN for OS4?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:
Will there be SIN for OS4?

I can't say for sure but I don't think so.

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »