Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
84 user(s) are online (37 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 84

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3)
Re: Quake 3 HELP
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Quote:

MamePPCA1 wrote:
@Antique
I have adirectory called Quake3UT (Urban Terror).
Now I changed the files to baseQ3 and the result is the same except the HD now makes noise and the memory slow down.
Any tricks?

Yeah, the trick is to install the required data files. You probably only downloaded Urban Terror and copied the Q3 binary there. That does not work.

You MUST have a valid PC copy of Quake 3, and it even MUST have been updated to the latest release.

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nubechecorre

Quote:

nubechecorre wrote:

Sorry i dont' understand what you are saying..

there is a little difference from someone who kindly ask for something and from someone who expect it..

I DO NOT expect anything i had only asked if someone could ( and repeat COULD ) take up the job of re-porting a game that is desired from the amiga community..

Oh, let me see..

You start out by saying "we need good 3D drivers", implying that the current ones aren't. However, that is not the point, since the current ones are perfectly capable of running Quake 3. So we do not need other drivers at all.

Next thing. "We need 3d libraries". MiniGL is sufficient to run Quake 3, and even if not, it's open source and could be extended if the need would arise.

Next thing: "we need quake 3 and it must be rewritten." Sounds like a demand to me. Quake 3 need not be rewritten, the port needs to be worked on, but I don't see why it would need to be rewritten, more so since apparently no one is capable or willing to work on it. A quick and dirty port is much better than no port at all, and it can easily serve as a starting point.

Quote:
I have always supported the amiga community/market and if you check my account in Hyperion Portal you can see that i have registered ALL the games that you ported to the amiga, so i am ready right now to pay for an amiga version of QUAKE III
The Engine is GPl right ? like Quake II ?..

No one is willing to do this. I'm not, for sure. Anything that you ask money for is something that you need to support, and quite frankly, the effort to support something like that far outweights the money you could earn with that. This is a hobby project, and as such, it has been ended by Thomas and me. Someone else may pick it up, but like I said, apparently the incentive for that is very low.

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Rogue & nubechecorre

Please, continue any he said, no I said discussion in private. Try to stick to helping getting the author to get q3 to run if (s)he hasn't already.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Rogue

I am not implying anything.. i have not expected nothing i have ask if someone COULD ...

you said that the 3d drivers are ok and i trust you, unfortunatly the current situation of the 3D on amiga os 4.0 is not so good in my opinion.. but that's a point of view...

Everyone here is asking ( not expecting.. ) for a good 3D shooter..

I agree with you if you said that the operating system has an high priority but you couldn' t complain only me for something that all the amiga os 4.0 users are asking...

I don't want to create a flame thread for a game.. there are worst problem in life.. worst than the amiga situation..

Bye Davide

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Rogue

I perfectly understand. Indeed i hope someone can pick up the project, i know you're too busy and i agree.

I said "we need good drivers" only because performance are not outstanding and it seemed to me, probably i am wrong, a driver issue with R200 drivers. For what is worth you did a wonderfull job for me, Amiga is still alive and it is a miracle.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tfrieden

I've tested quake 3 on my ati 7000,worked very well. But when i insert my 9200 128mb ddr pci i get random crashes. Are there different drivers for those cards?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Antique

Really? Damn Radeon 9200

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@ikir

runs great on radeon 9000 though no lockups :)

Amiga is the heart and soul of computing nothing else comes close
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@poweramiga and all
I come back from somewhere in Spain and after reding all the new post and especially one I realize that I have an
original copy of Quake 3 to run on my Amiga One isn't true?
Where can I get one and how much does it cost?
I only have the Urban Terror pak files with Point Release one and the Quake 3 OS 4 files too.
What do you think?

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3)