Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
124 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 123

skynet, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

some movies i watched and enjoyed...and some others..
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
hey all.. just got finished watching A Scanner Darkly and
Silent Hill... cant say i was disapointed with either one, silent hill was pretty good for a video game based movie, (dont blame me im a horror movie addict) and as for a scanner darkly...wow , words cannot describe how funky that movie is.. i thought i was having an lsd flashback....
anyway if ya like horror..silent hills the one.. if ya like independant films or Phillip K Dick go for Scanner Darkly
(if your lucky enough to rent or "aqquire" it)

ALSO BRITS SUPPORT YOUR FILMS!!
namely the Descent and Revolver..!! the descent has taken ages to do the rounds so to speak...its an excellent film by neil "dog soldiers" marshall about some female extreme adventure seekers that run into some nasty nightlife (no im not talking about computer geeks out for a nite on the town) well excuted and thought out...IF you can get the original UK version...the US ver is to happy happy joy joy for my bloodlust...
and Revolver from Guy "lock sock 2 smoking barrels" Ritchie is well ... not lock stock and 2 smoking barrels but more fights club jr if the mother was a crack addict..
still its a good way to kill 2 hours.. i was never bored and have watched it a few times since, just to try and figure it out..not because its a badly plotted movie..its that its to complex for its own good...

anyway hope someone bothered to read this and see's atleast 1 of em.. can post spoilers and more details if wanted.. anyway im off to watch some more "aquired" movies...

ZanT

"this isnt your god any more, although it once was.." - Scanner Darkly

Go to top
Re: some movies i watched and enjoyed...and some others..
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@zant

Quote:

"lock stock 2 smoking barrels" Ritchie

If you're into this, try "Snatch"

Jack

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
"Snatch" is excellent (and hilarious), I highly recommend it as well.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@all
yep agreed snatch is great and my favorite of the ritchie gangster trilogy but in saying that Revolver is in a class of its own...the only thing i didnt like was the fact vinnie jones was no where to be seen in revolver...in fact it seemed the part meant for vinnie was taken by the dude from Outkast... a shame but not a dissapointment

Zant

"yea i like dags"

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
The Descent is brilliant, I bought the double dvd without seeing it first just on the strength of how good Dog Soldiers was.

I'm another horror / sci-fi nutter, I've just finished watching House of 1000 corpses again and am about to watch the unseen edition of Hostel...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@sev
hostel is a dirty word to me..didnt enjoy either version..
Devils rejects is my n0.1 at the moment followed by descent and tied for number 3 is Feast and the 1st 3 romero "dead" movies ;)... I WANT THE DOG SOLDIERS SEQUAL!!...and 28 weeks later (droooool)

im off to clean my chain saw and blunt objects

Zant

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Recently, I have watched:

"The Matador"
Not to everybody's taste, but I found this film genuinely funny. Never thought I would say this, but Pierce Brosnan does an excellent job as the weird hitman

"16 Blocks"
Reminds me of the old classic "Gauntlet" (starring Clint Eastwood). Bruce Willis does one of his best performances since the original "Die Hard".

"Equilibrium"
Science fiction action movie, cool movie with good plot. Starring Christian Bale ("Batman Begins").

"Ain't Got no cash, Ain't got no style, Ladies vomit when I smile, but does Zoidberg worry?"
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ grumpyoldman

agreed equalibrium is excellent it draws TO MANY comparisons to a certain keanu reeves movie i do agree but only because of the style E.G: the clothes and atmosphere in thier "world", other than that i cant see why its called a rip off in some circles :-/

if you enjoyed that have you seen Code 46? with Tim Robins and Samantha Morton, it's another well done sci-fi /futuristic film sorta following the BladeRunner universe...

ZanT

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@zant
I agree "Equilibrium" has certain resemblance to Wachowski brothers' masterpiece, but the movie has its own strong points which make it a classic on its own. IMHO of course

I'll try to see "Code 46" as soon as possible, as well as "A Scanner Darkly" (yes, I am a big fan of both Blade Runner and Philip K. Dick)

"Ain't Got no cash, Ain't got no style, Ladies vomit when I smile, but does Zoidberg worry?"
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ all
watch aja's uncut version of the Hills Have Eyes, have to admit its the 1st remake in a long time ive been impressed with a remake, and for the life of me cant figure out why this lost out to Hostel at the box office.. this is gore and decent soundtrack and gore
have to say seeing the great greg nictrero as a mutant was cool too.. (the better 3rd of KNB effects)

watch a few miyazaki films too namely princess monoke (sorry if its spelt wrong ...32 hours up so far) damn good was bit miffed it was the english only version,
and the other was nausicca and the valley of the winds, luckly the un-edited japanese original both amazing as expected..better than any euro animation ..

next on the list is the exorcist which ive never seen and
i managed to track down an original pre directors cut dvd of bladerunner... .. thats one directors cut i did not like..

ZanT

lu lu lu got some apples

best episodes Southpark season 11: Night of the living homeless, More c rap and Le petiet tourettes!
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I went to see "The Hills have Eyes" first time around.

It was crap then. along with "The eyes of Laura mars"

What crap are they going to regurtitate next ?

Mad man Mars ?

If they are gonna do a decent horror, make it a proper Thriller horror.

Not just some twat running around with a chainsaw/knife.

You just know in those movies that after X amount of pretty girls die you get to the heroine and she smacks him fair square with the frying pan only to then run off, stumble, look up... oh dear. Guess I shoulda creased the bastard while he was on the floor comatose.

Somthing with a decent plot please.

Are we nearly there yet ?
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I watched Jaws recently, for the first time, and it scared the hell out of me.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
remakes to look foward too in 2008

day of the dead (oh no)
hills have eyes 2 (uh oh)
helloween (ROB ZOMBIE!!)
black christmas (may already be out)
night of the living dead 3D (sid haig !!!)

rumoured as per usual are robocop and friday the 13th

personally i cant wait to see "Black Sheep" and "28 weeks later" (robert carlyle YEA!) but yea i do agree the state on horror is rather bad..

oh the new Romero film is out next year.. Dairy of the Dead about some film students that are filming a horror film that get caught in a Zombie apocalypse and My name is Bruse starring bruce campbell, he plays a guy passing through a small town who gets mistaken for Ash from the Evil dead movies and has to defeat a demon or sommit..

ZanT

lu lu lu got some apples

best episodes Southpark season 11: Night of the living homeless, More c rap and Le petiet tourettes!
Go to top

Register To Post