Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 102

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: there goes the neighbourhood
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Am I the only one who used the front door?!?!?

For those who are brave enough to want to know me better, visit
my Home Page, my Storefront, and blogsey
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Probably.

Us mere mortals had to use the tradesmans entrance.

"Oi no dirty overalls in ere mate" !!

Are we nearly there yet ?
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@billsey

Long time no see. HI

I think only righteous people can use the front door.

A1XE, A1200T, X1000, X5020, CDTV, CD32 , A500+ A500
OS4.1b / OS3.2b
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
why use the front door thats just predictable

ZanT

lu lu lu got some apples

best episodes Southpark season 11: Night of the living homeless, More c rap and Le petiet tourettes!
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

Billsey wrote:
Am I the only one who used the front door?!?!?

Welcome!

I had to use the service entrance.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Billsey

Welcome Back !
Why use the door, it's just too easy... Never use the simplest way, as you will have more fun with a more "difficult" aproach !

See, even Santa doesn't use the door !!!

Jerry

Defender of my A1XE-G4 / AOS4 Final Update !
Looking for a new toy ? Then try a GP2X...
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Just dont use Windows !!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
This must be the right place, cause Amiga.org is slagging it off!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I read that thread too and I wasn't surprised at the lack of open mindedness on display there.

The main problem seems to be mental laziness, not actually going to find out for yourself what the site is about and just going off the blackened names of people who are working on the site and the word of other people with an agenda.

Why do places like amiga.org and ( eventually ) amigaworld.net go quiet when the OS4 and Amiga product followers depart to another site?

The answer is simple. Those that cause most of the noise are those who pick the fights. You can't pick a fight with those that agree with you so you have to follow those whose viewpoint differs from yours to the new site. If you can't follow them, you are left to grumble about it and trash the reputation of the place you can't really legitimately join.

It reminds me of the intolerance shown by anti abortionists shown towards sites that discuss abortion on the internet. They constantly flood them simply because their political viewpoint differs. When they get thrown out, they grumble, get bitter and work out ways of getting back in. This also happens the other way around of course, there are militant athiests out there who can't tolerate religious discussion boards.

Why don't people leave other people alone whose choices differ from theirs? I don't get it and I don't understand why the people that engage in it can't see how arrogant they are being.

I wouldn't put up with a neighbours TV drowing out conversations in my house, why should I have to put up with the same on the internet?

If this place gets trashed by those who just want to argument and berate people into changing their viewpoint to match theirs then I'll just move on somewhere else.

I don't see anything wrong with that, I have my viewpoint, I respect their right to have theirs and I don't go on sites that don't have the same perspective as me and have a pop at everyone who doesn't agree with me.

I'm sorry if this goes close to breaking the Terms Of Service but I think the internet brings out the worst in people, especially if they are arrogant, especially if they like an argument without consequences and especially if they like to bully people into agreeing with them. I think it is a mental illness. Megalomania?

The court case is like a thunderstorm after a long humid summer.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@mitch,
its a bit off topic yea, but i agree with ya point,
also i see no point in slagging AW or dropping little snide remarks, its the people that F$#ked it not the website, its forums, past mostly are still a great resource,

my 2 cents

ZanT

lu lu lu got some apples

best episodes Southpark season 11: Night of the living homeless, More c rap and Le petiet tourettes!
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I don't think I slagged off AW so I hope you don't mean me there...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@mitch
maybe i worded it wrong but no i didn't mean you at all
i meant anyone who might be tempted to drop to the level of those "slagging" this site on some websites etc that will remain un named, we have to keep this website as it is..the bigger man so to speak

ZanT

lu lu lu got some apples

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

amigacooke wrote:
This must be the right place, cause Amiga.org is slagging it off!

That is all Amiga.org has been for the last 4 years; people slagging off anything and everything positive in OS4 scene. I'm just glad I have a place to enjoy my hobby again. =)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I'm not sure that is fair to amiga.org but a few of the more extreme members/moderators with an axe to grind.

But the general air of negativity and intolerance to those who just want to enjoy the hobby without all the politics pervades all the online amiga sites except this one so far.

As long as I have been a lurker online there has been this oppressive atmosphere. From c.s.a.* in the 90s, ANN, Amiga.org in the 2000s etc. The problem isn't the sites it is the people in the community.

But it isn't much different on other platforms if you have ever sat a Linux advocate in the same room as a BSD advocate fur will fly! Arrogance of world view seems to go hand in hand with being a geek.

So what you need is a site with a moderation team firmly but politely keeping out those who just exist for the argument.

I hope amigans.net will achieve this.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
hey Legion.

I found the purrrrrfect gadget for you

Resized Image

Go to top
Re: there goes the nieghbourhood
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

Rudei wrote:
I got in through the cellar

All this talk reminds me of Jack Handy who said:

"Instead of a trap door, what about a trap window? The guy looks out it, and if he leans too far, he falls out. Wait. I guess that's like a regular window."

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)