Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
72 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 72

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

OS4.1 Update - graphics.library.kmod
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi,

I have found a probelm that has been introduced with the graphics.library.kmod file in Kickstart.

Who do I contact about this ?

Bill.

Go to top
Re: OS4.1 Update - graphics.library.kmod
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@BillE

Me, I guess.

Simon

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Rigo

Thanks, I will email you later. I just want to try a few tests first to confirm things - or not.

Bill.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@BillE

Could you also try rolling back to the previous atiradeon.chip driver too as a test.

Simon

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Rigo

For a bit of background the problem is related to this posting at:
http://www.amigans.net/modules/newbb/ ... hp?topic_id=3670&forum=28

Though at first reverting to the old graphics.library.kmod seemed to work I just hit a situation where the problem did not occur. It still did get it on later tries, which was what I was wanting to confirm.

I have tried your suggestion of rolling back the ATIRadeon.chip now. This does seem to have worked, I cannot get the broken line drawing to occur again, no matter how much I try.

The problem was missing lines, truncated lines pointing in the wrong direction and also some lines were split. I will be able to email you a more detailed description with screenshots later tonight.

Rolling back both kickstart files seems to have fixed it for now but I will keep on testing just to make sure. Whether it is solely the ATIRadeon.chip or a combination of both I can try out too. Or will the new graphics.library.kmod rely on having the newer radeon file ?

Thanks for the help so far, if the line drawing in OS4.1 update 1 is in need of fixing we can try and work out what is happening.

Bill.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@BillE

Quote:
Rolling back both kickstart files seems to have fixed it for now but I will keep on testing just to make sure. Whether it is solely the ATIRadeon.chip or a combination of both I can try out too. Or will the new graphics.library.kmod rely on having the newer radeon file ?

You can safely roll back either the graphics library or the radeon driver without worrying about incompatibilities.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top

Register To Post