Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: OWB 2.3
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@walkero

Quote:
The new version really looks great. But if you want a really big page to test for memory consumption try this one

http://drupal.org/project/Modules/name
For such a huge page with lots of images there is next to no difference in the additional memory required for the page, but the total memory required by OWB is quite low compared to other browsers:
OWB              183 MB
Links            197 MB
Opera            203 MB
Epiphany
-WebKit  204 MB
NetSurf          275 MB
FireFox3         393 MB

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@TSK

Quote:
Certain type of links doesn't work (links which are printed in/from javascript).
OWB ignores links which would open a new window.
In the AmigaOS4 port of OWB Blastoise I changed such links to be loaded in the current window instead, but not in the OWB Doduo port yet.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@joerg

Quote:

joerg wrote:

In the AmigaOS4 port of OWB Blastoise I changed such links to be loaded in the current window instead, but not in the OWB Doduo port yet.

So maybe, since I saw that you got multiple windows to work (manually) in 2.4, the next step would be to let such links open in a new window, not in the same one?

(This posted from 2.3, I'm off to fetch 2.4)

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Re: OWB 2.4
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg
first of all i admire your effort and wouldnt want this to appear as any kind of critic. but havig installed both the os4 and the 3.9 on my a4k rig i still prefer the latter. i tried the 1.3 owb version and admittedly it was really slow on the real 060. but would that be to much work to adopt owb to run in wos environment?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@joerg

2.4 works really well here.

I'm pleased that each additional window only takes about 9 MB of ram! (I was afraid that it was going to be a lot worse.)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@nbache

Quote:
So maybe, since I saw that you got multiple windows to work (manually) in 2.4, the next step would be to let such links open in a new window, not in the same one?
Yes, but I haven't found out how to make that work yet. I've asked on the OWB developer mailinglist but got no answer. Simply intercepting such links and open a new window with the URL, which would be similar to what the OS4 port of OWB Blastoise did for downloads, wouldn't help much since for example JavaScript "parent" wouldn't work.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@wawa

Quote:
first of all i admire your effort and wouldnt want this to appear as any kind of critic. but havig installed both the os4 and the 3.9 on my a4k rig i still prefer the latter. i tried the 1.3 owb version and admittedly it was really slow on the real 060. but would that be to much work to adopt owb to run in wos environment?
Is there a GCC version 3.4.x, or preferably 4.x.y, for WOS? With GCC 2.x.y it's not possible to build OWB at all, and even with the GCC version 3.4.0 I used for the AmigaOS 3.9/m68k port of OWB Blastoise I had to change some OWB sources to be able to compile it.
Additionally since all libraries, especially the C and C++ libraries, are m68k a WOS version would probably be even slower than the m68k one because of the huge number of context switches.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

.What PEB says, mostly. 2,4 works well with amigans.net. MUCH faster with sites overall. However, at [url]http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com[/url] tring to click on the "CLICK HERE" link on the forums page just can't be done. I can't get the mouse to activate the link. In older versions of OWB, I could "fine tune" the mouse location by using the scroll wheel on the page. This doesn't work in this particular case, whether I open this page in the original window, or try it in a new window.

Overall, great progress though.

Thanks.

Paul

edit: I just re-read some posts and I guess these are links which must be produced by javascript. Never mind then. I'll wait for next progress release. Thanks

Builder of Frankenthousand The monster A1000
The Young Frankenthousand A1-XE G4
X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

Great work as always!
Btw, are you interested in crash reports at this point in the development?
I get a Reaper when I visit digi.no. I can send you the crashlog if you can't reproduce it.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Paul

Quote:
edit: I just re-read some posts and I guess these are links which must be produced by javascript.
It's not just javascript, any link which would open a new window, in this case it's because of target="_blank", is ignored by OWB. In OWB 2.4 you can open new windows manually with the menu, but OWB itself can't open new windows (yet).
OWB was created for cell phones, PDAs, etc. where you don't have any windows at all, the complete display is used for the single page it displays, and such a limited browser is no problem.
In OWB 1.x (Blastoise) I simply changed such links to open in the same window instead, but not in OWB 2.x yet since I'm trying to find out how to make it work correctly and let OWB create new windows itself.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@joerg

Quote:

Doh, how I didn't think that possibility. But it looks like you "fixed" this already. You're fast.

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

Hi Joerg, OWB is shaping up very nice. Can you add drop down history on the address line for your next version for recently visited websites? (This could be saved to a text file and re-loaded automatically when you start OWB so the history si preserved)

The progress bar and number of network connections (I think OWB is limited to one?) could also be nice features, and bookmarks as in the older version.

Thanks again.

Go to top
Re: OWB 2.5
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

Please Joerg, can you respect, where it's valid yet, Amiga Intuition Style Guide? AmigaR+C = Copy, you have associated this shortcut to "Close page", if you will implement c&p on browser AmigaR+C will be use from the user for "Copy on Clipboard".

Thanks in advance for your work.

Go to top
Re: OWB 2.5
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

With OWB 2.5 I get a crash when trying to log on sourceforge.net. Also when I try to kill it, it crashes the GrimReaper

Please see : http://crashlog.os4depot.net/?function=view&crashlogid=60

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@joerg

Version 2.5 of OWB is working very nicely here. Keep up the good work.

For some reason though I can't drag and drop on WB when I have OWB running. It seems like WB tries to do a drag and drop but then times out, like as if OWB is holding a lock on something that is needed for drag and drop and not releasing it. It is quite annoying so it would be nice if you could look into it.

I'm posting this from OWB.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@salass00

Sounds like problem whit Ctorrent

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LiveForIt

No.

Reasons:

A) I wasn't running ctorrent
B) I've never had that problem before when I have (commandline only, haven't tried the gui version)
C) Drag and drop works as normal after I quit OWB

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@salass00

I can repeat this same behaviour and i am not running cnet either.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@salass00

same here.

With 2.4 and on under OS4 for classic, opening a window with OWB running, take a couple of seconds.

edit- weird! OWB 2.5 "seems" not using any videoram at all.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Framiga

Indeed, Joerg explained somewhere why OWB doesn't use the video memory.

I could not explain it myself but there was a good reason if I remember correctly..

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 »